|Babar Azam Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||October 15, 1994|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Babar Azam is a Pakistani cricketer who is best known for his discipline and level-headed attitude. Besides that, his impressive performance also landed him #3rd place in the ODI ranking and at #1 in the T20I batsmen ranking. To add to his achievements, he as of 2019, was also the captain of Pakistan’s T20 International team and the vice-captain of its One Day Internationals team. With time, he has also amassed a huge fan base with more than 600k followers on Instagram and more than 1.5 million followers on Twitter.
Mohammad Babar Azam
Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan
- Father – Azam Siddique
- Siblings – Safeer Azam (Younger Brother)
Babar is represented by his Talha Aisham.
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Punjabi Muslim descent.
- Cleft chin
- He has a beauty spot on his forehead.
- Brushes his hair backward
Babar Azam Favorite Things
- Century Made By Him – His first maiden century that he scored against West Indies on September 30, 2016, at Sharjah.
Source – Cricket Country
Babar Azam Facts
- He was raised in the Walled City of Lahore.
- Cricket comes naturally to him having being brought up around 3 international Pakistani cricketers Kamran, Adnan, and Umar Akmal.
- His first ODI match that he played on May 31, 2015, was against Zimbabwe.
- In September 2016, Babar made his Twenty20 International debut against England.
- In late September 2016, Babar earned his first-ever ODI series man of the match title after scoring a whopping 120 runs off 131 balls against the West Indies.
- He as of 2017, became the first batsman in the world to score the most runs, 1306 to be precise in the first 25 ODIs innings.
- In May 2018, Babar succumbed to a broken forearm and fractured wrist after being hit by a bouncer from English cricketer Ben Stokes. He was advised to rest for 4 to 6 weeks.
- He surpassed former cricketer and coach Javed Miandad’s record of becoming the fastest Pakistani player to reach 1,000 ODI runs in terms of innings in a calendar year.
- During the 2018 “Pakistan Super League” player draft, it was estimated that he had earned anywhere from $70, 000 to $85, 000.
- During the “2019–20 Quaid-e-Azam Trophy” Babar was chosen as the captain for the “Central Punjab” cricket team in September 2019.
- Along with his many achievements, he has also won PCB’s “ODI Player of the year: 2017,” ICC World ODI XI: 2017, and PCB’s “T20I Player of the year: 2018.”
- He holds the record for being the fastest batsman in the world to reach 7th ODI hundred, which, he achieved in 33 Innings.
- Babar is the only batsman in the history of ODI to score 5 consecutive centuries in one country.
- He was chosen to lead the Pakistan Under-19 cricket team for the “2012 ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup.”
- Babar considers Indian cricketer Virat Kohli to be his idol.
- In the past, Babar slammed a Pakistani anchor Zainab Abbas for a line that he found very cheeky. He tweeted, “Think before u say something and don’t try to cross ur limits!!!”
- In July 2022, Babar became the fastest Asian batter to reach 10,000 international runs (in all forms of cricket) by breaking Virat Kohli’s record. Babar reached the milestone in 228 innings whereas Kohli had done so in 232 innings. Overall, Vivian Richards is the fastest in the world to reach 10,000 runs in international cricket which he did in 206 innings.
Featured Image By Babar Azam / Instagram