|Zainab Abbas Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||February 14, 1988|
Zainab Abbas is a Pakistani TV host, sports presenter, and former makeup artist who is best known for her work as one of the presenters of the PSL (Pakistan Super League) since its inaugural edition in 2016.
Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan
Zainab, after her high school graduation, had joined Aston University, a public research university situated in the city center of Birmingham, England.
She then earned an MBA (Master of Business Administration) degree in marketing & strategy from The University of Warwick, a public research university situated on the outskirts of the city of Coventry, between the counties of West Midlands and Warwickshire, England.
TV Host, Sports Presenter, Former Makeup Artist
- Father – Nasir Abbas (Former Cricketer)
- Mother – Andleeb Abbas (Politician, Former member of the National Assembly (the lower house of the Pakistani parliament), Former federal parliamentary secretary for foreign affairs)
- Others – Shahid Hafeez Kardar (Father-in-Law) (Banker, Economist, Administrator, Former governor of the State Bank of Pakistan (the central bank of Pakistan), Former finance minister of the Pakistani Province of Punjab, Vice-Chancellor of Beaconhouse National University in Lahore), Abdul Hafeez Kardar (Grandfather-in-Law) (Former Professional Cricketer, Politician, Diplomat, First captain of the Pakistan national cricket team, Former member of the provincial assembly of Punjab, Former president of the Pakistan Cricket Board (the governing body for the sport in Pakistan), Former ambassador of Pakistan in Switzerland) (d. April 1996)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Zainab has dated –
- Hamza Kardar (2019-Present) – Zainab married Hamza Kardar in November 2019 in a ceremony held in Lahore. They have a son together named Taimur Hamza Kardar (b. December 2021).
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Pakistani descent.
- Slender frame
- Center-parted, long, straight hair
- Affable smile
- Heavily made-up face
Zainab Abbas Facts
- Zainab’s father, a former domestic-level cricketer, went to the same college as the Pakistani cricket administrator, commentator, and former professional cricketer Ramiz Raja. Ramiz took the catch that ended the final of the 1992 ICC (International Cricket Council) Cricket World Cup in favor of Pakistan, the country’s only such title as of January 2023.
- After earning an MBA degree from The University of Warwick, Zainab spent 2 years working for Dolce & Gabbana (an Italian luxury fashion house that specializes in ready-to-wear, handbags, accessories, and cosmetics) at Harrods (one of the largest and most famous departmental stores in the world) in London.
- About a year after this, until 2015, she worked as a makeup artist in her own studio. Thereafter, she successfully auditioned to appear on Dunya News (an Urdu language news/current affairs TV channel in Pakistan) for a show that was covering the 2015 edition of the ICC Cricket World Cup. This launched her career as a cricket presenter and correspondent.
- A few months later, Zainab was given a full-time contract to present her own show called Cricket Dewangi on Dunya News. During this time (2016-2018), she also used to write sports pieces for other Pakistani news outlets.
- In late 2017, she started a 7-episode web-series talk show called Sawal Cricket Ka. Between May 2018 and May 2019, she hosted 14 episodes of another web-series talk show known as Voice of Cricket.
Featured Image by Zainab Abbas / Instagram