|Ramiz Raja Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||August 14, 1962|
|Spouse||Ambreen Ramiz Raja|
Ramiz Raja is a former Pakistani cricketer who was part of the winning team that lifted Pakistan’s first World Cup in 1992. He opened his second innings as a successful cricket commentator for international matches as well as IPL. Moreover, he is the chairman of the Pakistan Cricket Board as of 2022.
Ramiz Hasan Raja
Faisalabad, Punjab, Pakistan
Ramiz was educated at the Sadiq Public School in Bahawalpur. He went on to attend St. Anthony’s High School and Government College University, both in Lahore.
Additionally, he holds a Masters in Business Administration (MBA) degree from Aitchison College in Lahore.
Former Cricketer, Cricket Commentator
- Father – Saleem Akhtar (Former Cricketer)
- Siblings – Wasim Raja (Older Brother) (Former Cricketer), Zaeem Raja (Older Brother) (Former Cricketer)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
71 kg or 156.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ramiz Raja has dated –
- Ambreen Ramiz Raja – Pakistan’s former cricket captain is happily married to his wife named Ambreen. The couple shares 2 sons together, including Haider Raja.
Race / Ethnicity
Ramiz has endorsed brands like –
- Head & Shoulders
Ramiz Raja Facts
- He was born on the 15th anniversary of Pakistan’s Independence.
- Ramiz has scored 3 World Cup hundreds in 13 games spanning 2 editions. In doing so, he joined the company of Vivian Richards, who achieved this feat in 19 matches over 4 World Cup editions.
- In November 1987, he became the first batsman to be given out for obstructing the field in an ODI match.
- Ramiz was the first cricketer to take a catch from the last ball of a World Cup tournament. He caught Richard Illingworth off Imran Khan in the last over against England, leading Pakistan to its first World Cup victory in 1992.
Featured Image by Toorumer / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0