|Jeannie Mai Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||January 4, 1979|
Jeannie Mai is an American television host, stylist, model, and producer who has gained recognition for having been a part of shows such as How Do I Look?, Today, Extra TV, Entertainment Tonight, and Insider.
Jeannie Camtu Mai
San Jose, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Jeannie studied at the Milpitas High School in Milpitas, California.
She majored in Communications from the De Anza College in Cupertino, California.
Hostess, Model, Fashion Expert, Executive Producer, TV Personality
- Father – James Mai
- Mother – Olivia TuTram Mai
- Siblings – Dennis Mai (Younger Brother), Daniel Mai (Younger Brother)
She is managed by Authentic Talent and Literary Management.
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
48 kg or 106 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jeannie Mai has dated –
- Freddy Harteis (2007-2018) – Jeannie got married to American TV personality Freddy Harteis on August 11, 2007. However, after spending 10 years together, in October 2017, the couple announced that they had filed for a divorce. The divorce was finalized in December 2018.
- Jeezy (2018-2023) – In 2018, she started dating rapper Jeezy. In April 2020, the couple got engaged which was announced by her on April 6, 2020. They tied the knot on March 27, 2021, in an intimate ceremony in Atlanta, Georgia. In September 2021, during an interview on The Real, Jeannie revealed that she and Jeezy were expecting their first child together. Jeannie gave birth to their first child, a baby girl named Monaco Mai Jenkins in January 2022. In September 2023, it was revealed that the couple had separated and had filed for divorce after 2 years of marriage.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Vietnamese ancestry on her mother’s side while she is of Chinese descent on her father’s side.
- Honesty and straight-forward attitude
- Dedication to work
- Tattoos on the shoulder
37-24-34 in or 94-61-86 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
7 (US) or 4.5 (UK) or 37.5 (EU)
Jeannie Mai has endorsed many brands including Biogen, Macy’s, Yoplait, The Limited, Colgate, David’s Bridal, Ford, Microsoft, Avon, Splenda, Woolite, and many others.
The fashion expert is the brand ambassador for the Pacific Links Foundation, an organization that fights against human trafficking in Vietnam and supporting education, shelter, and other provisions for the underprivileged.
She is also the ambassador for Step Up that works for the empowerment of deprived females.
She was into Buddhism but changed her religion to Christianity.
Best Known For
- Jeannie’s most notable works include hosting Style Network’s How Do I Look? and USA Network’s Character Fantasy.
- She has also frequented on many television programs as a fashion expert including NBC’s Extra TV and E!’s The Daily 10.
First TV Show
Her first primetime show came in 2005 with USA Network’s Character Fantasy.
Though, her first TV appearance was in 2004 in talk-show Stir TV as herself (host).
Jeannie said in an interview that she tries to maintain a regular workout routine. The TV personality prefers cardiovascular activities and hikes to avoid becoming lethargic.
As for diet, she eats balanced meals of her own will. She prefers gluten-free snacks and a kale shake. The fashion expert likes savory chips, seaweed snacks, and dark chocolate variations, but balances it out.
Jeannie Mai Favorite Things
- Food – Dark Chocolate
- Fragrance – Jo Malone perfumes
- Drink – Whiskey
- TV Show – The Real
- Restaurants – The Row in Nashville, Maharlika in New York, Crustacean, State Bird Provisions in San Francisco, and Bestia, Animal in Los Angeles
Source – TNP
Jeannie Mai Facts
- As a fashion expert, Jeannie introduced the term wearapy that means using the style for manipulation of mood from outside.
- Mai became a makeup artist at the age of 18 when she started working with MAC Cosmetics in San Jose, California. She has done makeup for many celebrities including Jennifer Aniston, Christina Aguilera, Rosario Dawson, Sarah Jessica Parker, Alicia Keys, Kelly Osbourne among others.
- Jeannie has been a celebrity makeup stylist for many television series including MTV’s Total Request Live, KCAL Los Angeles, and Good Day Sacramento.
- In 2008, she participated in television history’s maiden attempt in revamping the 52 aspirants of Miss America at Miss America Reality Check on TLC.
- After converting to Christianity in 2010, she started a Prayer Box that has been placed on Runyon Canyon in Los Angeles. The visitors place their personal prayer messages in the box and pick one that was left in the box by another person.
- In 2011, Mai was the host of Miss Universe and she was also a resident fashion expert for NBC’s The Biggest Loser TV series.
- She was Asia’s Next Top Model, Cycle 1’s guest judge in 2012.
- Jeannie has also been a part of the digital space and was a resident contributor for Cocoperez.com, a fashion website of Perez Hilton.
- The TV personality was the host of The Next Style Star by Maker Studios, YouTube’s first-ever competition on style. She has also worked as a digital correspondent for Fashion Star on NBC.
- In 2016, Cîroc, Variety, and the WWD Magazine honored her among Women of Empowerment.
- Jeannie is a board member for Dress for Success and Same Sky to support and help in building the business potential in women.
- She advocates support for countering human trafficking for more than five years now. Jeannie has been supporting organizations including Nightlight International, Not For Sale, Heartbeat Vietnam, Seven Bar, Sister To Sister, P.A.T.H, Respect RX, and The Good Shepherd.
- In April 2018, she was cast in an episode titled The Players of the television romantic drama series, Famous in Love, whose lead cast comprised of Bella Thorne, Charlie DePew, Georgie Flores, Carter Jenkins, Niki Koss, Keith Powers, Pepi Sonuga, and Perrey Reeves.
- She has shared a friendly bond with Adrienne Houghton, Loni Love, Tamera Mowry-Housley, Tia Mowry-Hardrict, Kelly Osbourne, Christina Milian, and Ayesha Curry.
- In 2020, Jeannie had to leave Dancing with the Stars all of a sudden as she was diagnosed with epiglottitis (swelling and blockage airflow to the lungs).
- She has served as an ambassador for ReimagineMyself.com (a program that encourages people suffering from multiple sclerosis (MS) to reimagine their life).
- She is well-versed in Spanish.