|Tamera Mowry Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4½ in|
|Date of Birth||July 6, 1978|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Tamera Mowry is an American actress, television personality, voice artist, model, author, producer, businesswoman, and former singer. She is known for playing Tamera Campbell in the television sitcom Sister, Sister, Emma C. Squared (voice) in the CBS animated series The Adventures of Hyperman, Orangejella LaBelle (voice) in the animated series Detention, Dr. Kayla Thornton in the Lifetime medical drama series Strong Medicine, Hope Daniels in the television sitcom Roommates, and Gillian in the ABC family sitcom Melissa & Joey. Tamera Mowry has also been a part of a variety of other television projects including Tia & Tamera, Flesh ‘n’ Blood, True Colors, Full House, Are You Afraid of the Dark?, Smart Guy, Family Guy, The Super Hero Squad Show, Hollywood Darlings, Talking Dead, Daytime Divas, Home & Family, The Masked Singer, and Dr. Seuss Baking Challenge.
Tamera Darvette Mowry
Tam, Tam Tam
Gelnhausen, Main-Kinzig-Kreis, Germany
Los Angeles / Napa Valley, California, United States
Tamera Mowry was enrolled at Birmingham High School in Los Angeles.
After graduating from high school, she got admission to Pepperdine University in California and graduated with a major in psychology. She spent the summer of 2001 in Florence while studying at Pepperdine University’s Italian Campus.
Actress, television host, model, author, businesswoman, singer, voice artist, producer
- Father – Timothy John Mowry (US Army Veteran and custody officer with the City of Glendale Police Department)
- Mother – Darlene Renee Mowry (US Army Veteran)
- Siblings – Tia Mowry (Younger Twin Sister) (Actress, Model, Author, Businesswoman, Vocalist), Tahj Mowry (Younger Brother), Tavior Mowry (Younger Brother) (Played College Football for the University of California)
- Others – Cloreta/Clo Flowers (Maternal Grandmother)
Tamera Mowry has been represented by –
- Main Title Entertainment
- Sunshine, Sachs & Associates, Llc, Public Relations Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
Her net worth has been $4 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 4½ in or 164 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Tamera Mowry has dated –
- Andrew Keegan – In one episode of the talk show, The Real, Tamera revealed that she went out briefly with actor Andrew Keegan. They had reportedly even gone out on a cruise with some other star kids. However, their relationship didn’t last long.
- Seth MacFarlane (2006) – In another episode of The Real, Tamera owned up to dating Family Guy creator Seth MacFarlane. She even went on to claim that she is the reason why he loves black women.
- Adam Housley (2006-Present) – Tamera met her husband Adam Housley, who is a senior journalist with Fox News through her college professor. They started going soon after. After dating for around 6 years, Adam proposed to her in a hotel room in Venice. They got married in May 2011 in Napa Valley. In November 2012, she gave birth to a son, Aden John Tanner Housley. Later, in July 2015, she gave birth to a daughter, Ariah Talea Housley.
- Hosea Chanchez (2009)
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White and Black)
On her father’s side, she has Irish and English ancestry, whereas, she is of Afro-Bahamian descent on her mother’s side.
Beauty mark below left eye
34-26-34 in or 86-66-86 cm
8 (US) or 40 (EU)
6 (US) or 3.5 (UK) or 36.5 (EU)
Tamera Mowry has appeared in a TV commercial for –
- Frosted Cheerios
- Old Navy
- Double Mint Gum
Best Known For
- Being cast as Tamera Campbell in the sitcom Sister, Sister
- Portraying the role of Dr. Kayla Thornton in the medical TV series, Strong Medicine
As a Singer
Along with her sister Tia, Tamera was part of the R&B vocal girl group, Voices. The band released its debut album, Just the Beginning… in 1992.
In 2002, Tamera made her first film appearance in the role of Sissy in The Hot Chick.
First TV Show
In 1991, Tamera was seen in an episode of the NBC sitcom Flesh ‘n’ Blood.
Tamera had gained around 60 pounds while being pregnant with her daughter Ariah. To shift this weight off her body, she made healthy changes to her lifestyle. She made sure that she was working out 4 days a week. Out of these 4 days, two days were reserved for weightlifting interval training, one day for cardio, and a day for pilates.
Of late, she has added Zumba and yoga to her workout routine as well. The former is her go-to choice when she wants to burn calories fast and want to have some fun while at it. One of the biggest benefits of yoga for her is that it helps her relieve stress. It has also helped her take care of her back problem and increased flexibility is the added benefit.
Regarding diet, Tamera doesn’t believe in depriving herself or going on any diet. Instead, she has made subtle changes to her favorite and daily foods. For example, she has swapped pasta with spaghetti squash. Also, instead of classic high-carb pizza, she goes for cauliflower crust pizza.
Tamera Mowry Favorite Things
- Color – Purple
- Guilty Pleasures – Chocolate, Wine, and Cheese
- Pet Peeves – Entitlement, laziness, and prejudice
- Wildest Moment – Flying an airplane
- Theme Song – Soldier of Love by Sade
- Celebrity Hair Crush – Kim Kardashian
- Holiday – Christmas
Source – The Real, Us Magazine
Tamera Mowry Facts
- Tamera’s mother quit her job in the military and moved the whole family to Los Angeles after Tamera and her twin sister Tia revealed their desire to try their luck at acting.
- For her work in children’s and young adult shows, Tamera was inducted into the Kids’ Choice Hall of Fame in 1998.
- Tamera has collaborated with Tia to establish their own production company named, “Twilight Production.”
- She co-starred as Dr. Kayla Thornton in the medical drama series Strong Medicine from 2004 to 2006. The show’s lead cast also included Rosa Blasi, Janine Turner, Jenifer Lewis, Philip Casnoff, Josh Coxx, Brennan Elliott, Patricia Richardson, Rick Schroder, and Nestor Carbonell.
- She didn’t lose her virginity till the age of 29 due to her devout Christian faith. After losing her virginity she felt guilty, so decided to remain celibate till her marriage.
- In 2015, she joined hands with Tia to publish a fiction book, Twintuition: Double Vision, which is a magical story that revolves around twin sisters.
- In 2013, she and her twin sister launched two motherhood-related products – Milky! being a concoction of organic ingredients that help mothers lactate and Stretchy! was a herbal cream to take care of post-pregnancy scars.
- The twin sisters collaborated to start a reality show, Tia & Tamera, which went on to become the most-watched new series in the history of the STYLE Network.
- She makes the best pancakes according to her family. She mixes the vanilla extract into the batter.
- She can communicate with her identical twin sister just with her eyes. No need to speak.
- Ford Explorer was her first car. However, she used to share it with her sister Tia. She also once crashed it into the wooden fence while reversing it.
- Growing up, she had a poster of Joey McIntyre from New Kids on the Block on her room wall.
- From 2013 to 2020, she co-hosted the syndicated talk show The Real.
- Narcissistic people are her biggest pet peeve.
- If she could have dinner with any one person, it would be Tyler Perry.
- Before her show, she has a ritual of calling her husband Adam Housley.
- She keeps trying new toiletries.
- Tamera can do salsa and swing dance.
- Many people think that she is Miss Goody Two-Shoes. However, she does not consider herself so.
- If she were stuck on a stranded island, she would take with her bread, wine, and chocolate.
- Her grandmother was the most influential person in her life.
- Tamera’s brother Tahj Mowry is the funniest person she knows.