|Ayesha Curry Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||March 23, 1989|
Ayesha Curry is a Canadian-American actress, celebrity cook, author, and TV personality who began her acting career in 2008 and after a string of supporting roles in TV series, films, and TV movies, came into the spotlight when she began hosting a cookery show called Ayesha’s Home Kitchen (2016–Present) on Food Network. The same year, her cookbook titled The Seasoned Life was published. She had started her culinary career in 2014 when she started posting her recipes on the YouTube channel Little Lights of Mine. She then hosted the competition-based TV series The Great American Baking Show in 2017 and in 2019, she started hosting and judging the reality TV series Family Food Fight. In 2020, she founded and became the editorial director of Sweet July, a lifestyle magazine aimed at black women.
Ayesha Disa Alexander
Markham, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Walnut Creek, Contra Costa County, California, United States
She holds dual nationality.
Ayesha had graduated from the Weddington High School in North Carolina.
Actress, Celebrity Cook, Author, TV Personality
- Father – John Alexander
- Mother – Carol Alexander (née Chin)
- Siblings – Maria Alexander (Sister), Janiece Alexander (Sister), Jaz Alexander (Brother), Chad Alexander (Brother)
- Others – Dell Curry (Father-in-Law) (Former Professional Basketball Player), Sonya Curry (Mother-in-Law) (Entrepreneur), Seth Curry (Brother-in-Law) (Professional Basketball Player), Sydel Curry (Sister-in-Law) (Volleyball Player), Damion Lee (Brother-in-Law) (Professional Basketball Player), Callie Rivers (Sister-in-Law)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
62 kg or 136.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ayesha has dated –
- Stephen Curry (2003–Present) – Ayesha first met professional basketball player Stephen Curry in 2003 at a church youth group in Charlotte when they were both teenagers. They started dating in 2008 when they met again in Los Angeles and went on their first date. The couple eventually got engaged in December 2010 and married on July 30, 2011. They have 2 daughters named Riley Elizabeth Curry (b. July 19, 2012) and Ryan Carson Curry (b. July 10, 2015) and a son named Canon W. Jack Curry (b. July 2, 2018).
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Black, Asian, White)
Her mother is of African-Jamaican and Chinese-Jamaican descent and her father is of African-American and Polish descent.
- Petite frame
- Long, straight hair
- Affable smile
- Has multiple tattoos on her right forearm
Ayesha has worked as a spokesperson for CoverGirl, an American cosmetics brand. She was the first non-actress or non-singer to become a spokesperson for the brand.
Ayesha Curry Facts
- Born and raised in Toronto, Ayesha’s family moved to the United States when she was 14 years old. They settled in Charlotte, North Carolina from where she completed her schooling.
- She developed an interest in cooking as a child, after watching her babysitter cook Trinidadian curry and roti while her mother would operate a salon from their home’s basement.
- After her high school graduation, she had moved to Los Angeles to pursue a career in acting. She had later returned to Charlotte, North Carolina, however, as she wanted to be with her then-boyfriend Stephen Curry who was playing college basketball there.
- Her company, Little Lights of Mine, sells a special brand of extra virgin olive oil and donates 10% of all its revenue to a charitable organization known as No Kid Hungry.
- For the Eat. Learn. Play’s 8th Annual Christmas Drive in 2020, Ayesha and Stephen as well as their 3 children, helped to distribute food and gifts to almost 1,000 children and families in Oakland, California.
Featured Image by Ayesha Curry / Instagram