|Amirah Vann Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Year of Birth||1980|
Amirah Vann is an American actress who has gained fame with her role as Ernestine in the television period drama series Underground as well as with her portrayal of Tegan Price in the legal thriller television series How to Get Away with Murder. Moreover, she has also been cast in shows and movies like Major Crimes, Mozart in the Jungle, Unsolved, Once More with Feeling, And So It Goes, and Miss Virginia.
Amirh Charline Vann
She was born in 1980.
New York City, New York, United States
Far Rockaway, Queens, New York City, New York, United States
Amirah Vann studied at Midwood High School and Far Rockaway High School. Afterward, she got enrolled at Fordham University and graduated with a bachelor’s degree in 2002.
She also attended New York University‘s Tisch School of the Arts and received her Masters of Fine Arts degree in 2007.
- Father – Charles Vann
- Mother – Gladys (Rosario)
Amirah Vann is represented by The Katz Company, Talent Management Company, New York City, New York, United States.
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Amirah Vann has dated –
- Patrick Oyeku
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (Black and Hispanic)
Amirah Vann is of African-American descent on her father’s side and has Puerto Rican roots on her mother’s side.
- Cheeky smile
- Deep-set eyes
Amirah Vann Facts
- From 2016 to 2017, she brought to life the character of Ernestine, the head house slave of the Macon plantation who is fiercely protective of her children, in Underground as she co-starred on the show alongside Jurnee Smollett-Bell, Aldis Hodge, Jessica De Gouw, Alano Miller, and Christopher Meloni.
- Amirah Vann was nominated for the 48th NAACP Image Award in the “Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series” category for her performance in Underground.
- In 2017, she started appearing as Tegan Price, a powerful attorney at Caplan & Gold which is the firm representing Laurel’s father, in How to Get Away with Murder. Her fellow actors on the shows also included Viola Davis, Alfred Enoch, Jack Falahee, Katie Findlay, Aja Naomi King, Matt McGorry, Karla Souza, and Charlie Weber.
- She was cast as Parker Campbell, a bi-racial corporate lobbyist, in the 4th season of the drama television series, Queen Sugar, in 2019.
- Amirah Vann played the role of Shondae Smith in the 2019 drama film, Miss Virginia.
Featured Image by Amirah Vann / Instagram