|Sub Urban Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||October 22, 1999|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Sub Urban is an American singer, music producer, and songwriter who has published an EP titled Thrill Seeker (March 2020). He has also released several singles and had first come into the spotlight in 2019 with the launch of a song titled Cradles. It had peaked at number 1 on Alternative Airplay, a music chart in the United States that has appeared on the Billboard magazine since September 1988 and ranks the 40 most-played songs on alternative and modern rock radio stations in the country. The song was certified ‘Silver’ by the BPI (British Phonographic Industry) and ‘Gold’ by both MC (Music Canada) and the RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America). A 2020 song of his titled Freak had been certified ‘Platinum’ in Brazil and ‘Gold’ in Russia. He is renowned for combining electronic production and heavier bass design with sensual vocals and melodies that explore cynical themes.
Daniel Virgil Maisonneuve
Nyack, Orangetown, Rockland County, New York, United States
New Jersey, United States
Sub Urban had dropped out of high school at the age of 16 to pursue his dream of becoming a musician.
Singer, Music Producer, Songwriter
Pop, Indie Pop, Electro, Rock, Alternative Music
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White and Asian)
He is of French-Canadian descent on his father’s side and Taiwanese descent on his mother’s side.
- Slender frame
- Center-parted, neck-length, curly hair
- Clean-shaven look
Sub Urban Facts
- Born in Nyack, New York, Sub Urban was raised primarily in the suburbs of Ridgewood, New Jersey. This is where he began producing music at the age of 15. A year later, he had quit school to pursue a career in music.
- He had started getting trained in classical piano from the age of 6 but had quit about 9 years later, claiming that he had grown sick and tired of reproducing other people’s compositions and had wished to create something original.
- He had then learned the art of producing music through the demo version of a software called Abelton Live, a digital audio workstation. He had continued to hone his craft by watching YouTube tutorials.
- In the fall of 2016, after he had dropped out of high school, he had ‘isolated’ himself to work on various demos and songs. This was a rather tough phase in his life as his parents and friends were against his decision of quitting school. However, this phase of tough labor also turned fruitful as it led to the creation of his breakthrough song titled Cradles which had soared in popularity after he had shared it on the video-sharing application TikTok.
- Between 2014 and 2018, he had frequently collaborated with British producer DNMO, resulting in the production of tracks such as Sick of You and Broken.
- In 2020, he and Dutch singer-songwriter Naaz were scheduled to open the ‘K-12 Tour’ in North America and Europe. The program was first postponed due to the onset of the coronavirus pandemic and was ultimately canceled due to the same reason.
Featured Image by Sub Urban / Instagram