|Karla Souza Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||December 11, 1985|
Karla Olivares Souza
Mexico City, Mexico
Los Angeles, California, United States
Karla Souza went to the Centro de Educación Artística, which is an acting school operated by Televisa, a Mexican multi-media corporation.
She later got enrolled at the Central School of Speech and Drama in London to graduate in 2008, with a BA degree in acting.
- Siblings – Monica Souza (Sister), Jeronimo Souza (Brother)
- Others – Elba Silva (Paternal Grandmother)
Karla Souza is represented by William Morris Endeavor Entertainment.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Karla Souza has dated –
- Gonzalo García Vivanco (2009-2010) – Karla Souza started going out with actor Gonzalo García Vivanco in the early months of 2009. They were reported to have grown close while shooting for the TV show, Verano de amor. Their relationship was widely covered by the Mexican tabloids after they were spotted together in Paris in December 2009. However, a couple of months later, it was revealed that they had decided to go separate ways by mutual consent.
- Marshall Trenkmann (2013-Present) – Karla got engaged to banker Marshall Trenkmann in December 2013. At the time of their engagement, it was widely reported that they had been dating for quite some time. In May 2014, they got married in a lavish wedding ceremony.
Race / Ethnicity
On her father’s side, she has Chilean ancestry, while, on her mother’s side, she is of Mexican descent.
- Green eyes
- Defined jawline
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Lauren Castillo in the legal drama series, How to Get Away with Murder.
- Having appeared in a couple of hit Mexican movies such as Nosotros los Nobles and Instructions Not Included.
In 1993, she made her theatrical film debut in a minor role as Kimberly in the drama movie, Aspen Extreme. She was just 7 years old at that time.
First TV Show
In 2008, Karla made her first TV show appearance in Espejismos episode of soap opera, Terminales.
Karla Souza works out regularly to maintain her envy-worthy figure. She performs yoga twice a week. For her yoga workouts, she likes to mix it up with yoga sculpt and Bikram Yoga class that lasts for about 90 minutes. Then, twice a week, she goes for half a mile swim in the ocean.
Karla has also added biking to her fitness regime. She prefers one short high-intensity bike ride and another long-distance bike ride in a week. If she is in a good mood, she heads for a 2-mile hike at the State Historic Park with her dog. She also likes to participate in Nautica Malibu Triathlon, which is held to benefit Children’s Hospital, Los Angeles.
When it comes to food, she prefers the following –
- Breakfast – Karla likes to start her day with a healthy acai bowl. Sometimes, she goes for a pitaya bowl. She adds organic peanut butter, bananas, and plant-based protein to both her breakfast options.
- Lunch – She loads her lunch with carbs.
- Evening Pre-Workout – She prefers brown rice bowl with avocado and poached eggs and topped with quinoa. She also adds sautéed spinach and kale to her meal. Plus, she tosses in some yellow bell peppers if she is in the mood.
Karla Souza Favorite Things
- Lunch Hotspot – Sugarfish
- Dinner Hotspot – Swaddee in Coronado
- Childhood Recipe – Her mother’s Betty Crocker cakes
- Cities For Food – Los Angeles, Mexico City, Nice, and London
- Los Angeles Restaurant – Superba Snack Bar in Venice
- Mexico Restaurant – Tacos el Greco
- London Restaurant – Ma Cuisine in Kew Gardens
- Nice Restaurant – L’Elefant Blue
Source – The New Potato
Karla Souza Facts
- While growing up, she was really into gymnastics and did it for 7 years. In fact, she has revealed that if she hadn’t pursued acting, she would have loved to become a gymnast.
- Apart from her native language Spanish, she is also fluent in English and French.
- Her parents didn’t want her to pursue a career as a gymnast, so when she was 14 years old, she decided to give it up. Plus, they felt that she liked acting more and gymnastics was only serving as a distraction.
- The title of the show How to Get Away with Murder caught her eye and she asked her agent to get her an audition. But, they were initially told that they weren’t looking for anyone.
- She eventually managed to book an audition for How to Get Away with Murder. She auditioned for three characters before the show producers felt that she was perfect for the role of Laurel.
Featured Image by Disney – ABC Television Group / Flickr / CC BY-ND 2.0