Charles Otto Puth Jr.
Rumson, New Jersey, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
In 2010, Charlie graduated from Rumson-Fair Haven Regional High School.
He majored in jazz piano and minored in classical from Manhattan School of Music Pre-College, which he attended from 7th grade to his senior year.
Finally, Charlie was enrolled (on a full scholarship) into Berklee College of Music in Boston, Massachusetts to major in music production and engineering in 2013.
Singer, songwriter, record producer
- Father – Charles Puth
- Mother – Debra Puth
- Siblings – Stephen (Brother), Mikaela (Sister)
He is signed to Atom Factory.
Vocals, guitar, piano
Atlantic Records, ARP, Eleveneleven
5 ft 10¾ in or 180 cm
74 kg or 163 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Charlie Ruth dated –
- Selena Gomez – RUMOR
- Meghan Trainor – The two singers Meghan and Charlie were an item in the past.
- Bella Thorne (2016) – In December 2016, he went on to watch a movie with actress Bella Thorne and the duo were even pictured kissing together.
- Charlotte Lawrence (2019) – He reportedly dated singer Charlotte Lawrence in 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
He has German ancestry on his father’s side, while he has Jewish ancestry on his mom’s side.
Unique eyebrows (especially right)
Charlie Puth’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 37 in or 94 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 13.5 in or 34 cm
- Waist – 31 in or 79 cm
He wears a shoe of size 11 (US). (via Twitter)
He has not endorsed any of the brands, but his Marvin Gaye song was featured in the Fiat 500 Vintage ’57 ad.
His religious beliefs are not known.
Though, his mom is Jewish.
Best Known For
His hit single Marvin Gaye ft. Meghan Trainor released in February 2015. It was certified as 2x Platinum in Australia and reached the peak positions on other country’s music charts.
He is also known as a featured singer in Wiz Khalifa song See You Again, released in March 2015.
On November 6, 2015, Charlie released his debut album Nine Track Mind by Atlantic Records. The album’s hit single “Marvin Gaye” was released early in the year.
The album contains 12 singles.
Puth has not done any of the films.
First TV Show
As per his own tweet, he works out, but it is not known what his actual workout routine is like, and what he eats to make him look good.
Charlie Puth Favorite Things
- Restaurant – Chili’s
- Color – Green
- Song to play on Piano – Emily by Bill Evans
Source – MTV, Official Charlie Puth Tumblr
Charlie Puth Facts
- His last name ‘Puth’ is pronounced as poo-th.
- He was featured in Wiz Khalifa‘s song, “See You Again” in 2015. He contributed as a singer and songwriter.
- Puth admires artists James Taylor, and John Mayer and is a huge fan of One Direction.
- Charlie started playing when he was 4.
- As per Charlie himself, he can hula hoop quite well.
- Charlie revealed through a video that before he was famous as a singer, he used to code computer softwares in his room and had no social life.
- He has produced music for Jason Derulo, Trey Songz, and other artists.
- If he could collaborate with any musician, it would be James Taylor.
- He is really shy and prefers watching TV with someone rather than going out.
- If he is allowed to be any person for a day, he would like to become Harry Styles, just to see how much attention he gets, and if he can handle it.
- Charlie actually grew up while listening to a tribe called quest and mozart.
- He first started out and gained recognition by posting some original songs on his YouTube channel in September 2009.
- It was not difficult for Charlie to write the Wiz Khalifa song “See You Again” as he himself had lost one of his dearest friends in a car crash.
- When he was 2 years old, his right eyebrow got scarred due to a dog bite. It is now a permanent scar.
- He was about to die due to a head injury in his childhood.
- In October 2011, he was signed to Ellen DeGeneres‘s record label “Eleveneleven.”
- He has a King Charles Cavalier named, Brady. He brought his dog, Brady on his first date with a girl on the beach.
- He has a crush on Kendall Jenner.
- He was a prankster at school. Charlie was once about to get suspended when he sounded a bell, 15 minutes before the school was set to finish for the day.
- He had his first kiss at the age of 13.
- In his next life, he wants to be a giraffe just to experience how giraffes feel like.
- Visit his official website @ www.charlieputh.com.
- Hear more from Charlie on SoundCloud, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Tumblr.