Meghan Elizabeth Trainor
Nantucket, Massachusetts, U.S.
Meghan went to Nauset Regional High School in nearby North Eastham. During her time in high school, Meghan also went to Boston’s Berklee College of Music to attend their summer programs.
Singer, songwriter, music producer
- Father – Gary Trainor (Jeweler)
- Mother – Kelly Anne “Kelli” (Jekanowski) (Jeweler)
- Siblings – Ryan (Older Brother), Justin (Younger Brother)
- Others – Tori (Cousin), Bob LaPalm (Great-Uncle) (Was in a band), Lisa Toney (Aunt) (Soca Music Performer and Songwriter), Burton Toney (Uncle) (Soca Music Performer and Songwriter), Jeanne Marie LaPalm (Maternal Grandmother), Thomas Ramon Jekanowski, Jr. (Maternal Grandfather)
Meghan’s career is managed by Atom Factory in Los Angeles.
Pop, music, rock, pop/rock, dance, teen pop, blue-eyed soul, reggae, soca, R&B
Vocals, piano, ukulele, guitars, keyboard, trumpet, percussion
Epic Records (Division of Sony Music Entertainment)
5 ft 4½ in or 164 cm
68 kg or 150 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
She had a boyfriend in the past, who dumped her. She was on a trip and then returned back to see that he was dating someone else.
Meghan Trainor has dated –
- Charlie Puth – The two singers Charlie and Meghan were romantically linked to each other in the past.
- Daryl Sabara (2016-Present) – Actor Daryl Sabara and Meghan started dating in October 2016. They got engaged in December 2017 after Daryl proposed to Meghan on her 24th birthday.
Race / Ethnicity
She has French-Canadian, Polish, and Irish ancestry with distant English and Guernsey roots.
39-29-39 in or 99-74-99 cm
12 (US) or 44 (EU) or 16 (UK)
9 (US) or 39.5 (EU)
She has not endorsed any of the brands.
Best Known For
Her debut single “All About That Bass” released in 2014. It reached #1 on US Billboard Hot 100 and remained on top for eight consecutive weeks.
She released her debut album titled “I’ll Sing with You” on February 4, 2011, independently.
She then released her next album “Only 17” on September 14, 2011, independently.
Both of these albums didn’t chart anywhere.
Right now, Meghan doesn’t work out or take care of her diet. She eats whatever she wants. When she was interviewed, she said, she had pizza last night and would be having Chinese food later on that particular day.
She doesn’t want to be a stick like silicone Barbie doll. In her song “All About That Bass,” she gives the same message to young ladies.
Meghan Trainor Favorite Things
- Music / Sound – Soca
Source – DigitalSpy
Meghan Trainor Facts
- She is writing songs since the age of 11.
- She started singing at the age of 6.
- All Soca Music from Trinidad, Beverly Ross, Billy Joel, Christina Aguilera, Frank Sinatra, Paul Simon, Stevie Wonder, Michael Buble, and All 50’s music had influenced her music career.
- She first started a band with her cousin Tori. But, it failed. Then, she formed another band with her musician family members (mom, dad, uncle, aunt and her younger brother). The band used to perform at local bars playing Soca-inspired music.
- She received her own computer at the age of 13, which helped her to compose her own songs.
- She grew up in Hyannis and Nantucket in Massachusetts.
- She wants to be the first American girl to bring Soca (a type of music) to the mainstream.
- She had never danced before the “All About That Bass” music video, except in her bedroom to Beyonce.
- Her fans are called “Megatrons.”
- Meghan Trainor collaborated with Clinique in early 2015 to make a limited edition makeup bag, which consisted of nine of her favorite lipsticks.
- She is an animal lover.
- Visit her official website @ www.meghan-trainor.com.
- Hear more from Meghan via Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, iTunes, Spotify, YouTube, Google+, and YouTube VEVO.