|Charlie Puth Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||December 2, 1991|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
Charlie Puth is an American singer, songwriter, and record producer who has released a number of tracks, albums, and extended plays including We Don’t Talk Anymore (featuring Selena Gomez), Attention, Marvin Gaye (featuring Meghan Trainor), Some Type of Love, Nine Track Mind, Voicenotes, One Call Away, I Warned Myself, Mother, The Way I Am, Done for Me (featuring Kehlani), and Hard on Yourself (with Blackbear).
Charles Otto Puth Jr.
Rumson, New Jersey, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
In 2010, Charlie graduated from Rumson-Fair Haven Regional High School.
He majored in jazz piano and minored in classical from Manhattan School of Music Pre-College, which he attended from 7th grade to his senior year.
Finally, Charlie was enrolled (on a full scholarship) into Berklee College of Music in Boston, Massachusetts to major in music production and engineering in 2013.
Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer
- Father – Charles Otto Puth Sr. (Builder, Real Estate Agent)
- Mother – Debra Puth (Music Teacher, Wrote Commercials for HBO)
- Siblings – Stephen Puth (Younger Brother) (Singer, Songwriter), Mikaela (Younger Sister)
- Others – Edward Carl Puth (Paternal Grandfather), Lucille C./T. Lusk (Paternal Grandmother)
He is represented by Atlantic Records, Record Label, new York City, New York, United States.
Vocals, Guitar, Piano
Atlantic Records, ARP, Eleveneleven, Loudr
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Charlie Ruth has dated –
- Selena Gomez – It was RUMORed that he had a fling with singer, actress, and producer, Selena Gomez, in the past.
- Meghan Trainor – The two singers Meghan and Charlie were an item in the past.
- Madison Reed (2015-2016) – He was romantically involved with actress Madison Reed between the years 2015 and 2016.
- Bella Thorne (2016) – In December 2016, he went on to watch a movie with actress Bella Thorne and the duo was even pictured kissing together.
- Pritika Swarup (2016-2017) – He dated model Pritika Swarup from 2016 to 2017.
- Halston Sage (2018-2019) – He had a short-termed romance with actress Halston Sage from September 2018 to January 2019.
- Charlotte Lawrence (2019) – He reportedly dated singer Charlotte Lawrence in 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
He has German, Hungarian, and Italian ancestry on his father’s side and has Ashkenazi Jewish roots on his mom’s side.
Unique eyebrows (especially right)
He wears a shoe of size 11 (US). (via Twitter)
He has not endorsed any of the brands but his Marvin Gaye song was featured in the Fiat 500 Vintage ’57 ad.
He was raised by a Jewish mother and a Catholic father.
Best Known For
- His hit single Marvin Gaye ft. Meghan Trainor released in February 2015. It was certified as 2x Platinum in Australia and reached the peak positions on other country’s music charts.
- He is also known as a featured singer in Wiz Khalifa song See You Again, released in March 2015.
On November 6, 2015, Charlie released his debut album Nine Track Mind by Atlantic Records. The album’s hit single “Marvin Gaye” was released early in the year. The album contains 12 singles.
First TV Show
Charlie Puth Favorite Things
- Restaurant – Chili’s
- Color – Green
- Song To Play On Piano – Emily by Bill Evans
Charlie Puth Facts
- His last name ‘Puth’ is pronounced as poo-th.
- He was featured in Wiz Khalifa‘s song, “See You Again” in 2015. He contributed as a singer and songwriter.
- Puth admires artists like James Taylor and John Mayer and is a huge fan of the boy band One Direction.
- Charlie started playing when he was 4.
- As per Charlie, he can hula hoop quite well.
- Charlie revealed through a video that before he was famous as a singer, he used to code computer software in his room and had no social life.
- He has produced music for Jason Derulo, Trey Songz, and other artists.
- If he could collaborate with any musician, it would be James Taylor.
- He is really shy and prefers watching TV with someone rather than going out.
- If he is allowed to be any person for a day, he would like to become Harry Styles, just to see how much attention he gets, and if he can handle it.
- Charlie actually grew up while listening to a tribe called quest and mozart.
- He first started out and gained recognition by posting some original songs on his YouTube channel in September 2009.
- It was not difficult for Charlie to write the Wiz Khalifa song “See You Again” as he himself had lost one of his dearest friends in a car crash.
- When he was 2 years old, his right eyebrow got scarred due to a dog bite. It is now a permanent scar.
- He was about to die due to a head injury in his childhood.
- In October 2011, he was signed to Ellen DeGeneres‘s record label “Eleveneleven.”
- He has a King Charles Cavalier named, Brady. He brought his dog, Brady on his first date with a girl on the beach.
- He has stated that it was Justin Bieber‘s “viral leap into superstardom as a result of YouTube” that inspired him to follow suit and try out his chances.
- He has a crush on Kendall Jenner and Liza Soberano. In 2016, Charlie also invited Liza to one of his concerts in the Philippines.
- He was a prankster at school. Charlie was once about to get suspended when he sounded a bell, 15 minutes before the school was set to finish for the day.
- He had his first kiss at the age of 13.
- In his next life, he wants to be a giraffe just to experience how giraffes feel like.
- On June 25, 2020, he released his song, Girlfriend, which was placed on the 28th spot in the US Digital Song Sales (Billboard) chart.
- Visit his official website @ www.charlieputh.com.
- Hear more from Charlie on SoundCloud, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Tumblr.