|Saddam Hussein Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||April 28, 1937|
|Date of Death||December 30, 2006|
Saddam Hussein was a highly controversial Iraqi politician who served as the 5th President of Iraq from July 16, 1979, until April 9, 2003. Throughout his regime, he gained notoriety as a brutal dictator who kept his country in a constant state of war, leading to the deaths of more than 1 million people. His brutal regime finally came to an end during the U.S. invasion of 2003, when he was captured and handed a death sentence by hanging in 2006.
Saddam Hussein Abd al-Majid al-Tikriti
The Butcher of Bagdad
Hussein was born on April 28, 1937.
He was executed by hanging on December 30, 2006, at the age of 69 years in Camp Justice, Kadhimiya, Baghdad.
Al-Awja, Saladin Governorate, Kingdom of Iraq
- Father – Hussein Abd Al-Majid
- Mother – Subha Tulfah Al-Mussallat
At the time of his death, Saddam Hussein’s net worth was $2 billion according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
88 kg or 194 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Saddam Hussein had dated –
- Sajida Talfash (1963-2006) – In 1963, he married his first cousin Sajida Talfash in an arranged marriage. Together, the couple welcomed 2 sons named Uday Hussein (1964–2003) and Qusay Hussein (1966-2003) as well as 3 daughters named Raghad Hussein (b. 1968), Rana Hussein (b. 1969), and Hala Hussein (b. 1972).
- Samira Shahbandar (1986-2006) – He married for the second time in 1986 to a physician named Samira Shahbandar. The couple reportedly had 6 children together, including a son named Ali Saddam. However, it is disputed by other members of his family.
- Nidal al-Hamdani (1990-2006) – Nidal al-Hamdani, who worked as the general manager of the Solar Energy Research Center in the Council of Scientific Research, became his third wife in 1990.
- Wafa Mullah Huwaysh (2002-2006) – RUMOR
Race / Ethnicity
He was of Arab (specifically the Albu Nasir tribe) descent.
- Thick mustache
- Chin dimple
- Three dark blue dots on the wrist of his right hand
Saddam Hussein Favorite Things
- Movie – The Godfather (1972)
Source – IMDb
Saddam Hussein Facts
- He admired statesmen like Winston Churchill and Joseph Stalin.
- Upon his capture by the U.S. troops on December 13, 2003, he reportedly said, “Don’t shoot! I am Saddam Hussein! I am the President of the Republic of Iraq and I wish to negotiate!” After hearing this, a U.S. soldier replied, “President Bush sends his regards.”
- He published 2 novels titled Zabibah and the King (2000) and The Fortified Castle (2001) under the pen name ‘He Who Wrote It’.
- He waged war on the neighboring country of Iran in 1980, which lasted for 7 years and 11 months. During the drawn-out war, Saddam approved the use of poisonous gas against Iranian troops; an atrocity so vile that even Adolf Hitler refused it on the battlefield during World War II.
- On July 22, 1979, he filmed a now-infamous meeting on Iraqi television, wherein he accused 68 members of his Ba’ath Party of plotting his assassination and eventually had them executed as a way of purging his party of traitors.
- Saddam had an estimated net worth of $7 billion in 2000 and was ranked #55 on the ‘World’s Richest’ list by Forbes Magazine that year.
Featured Image by Government Photos / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0 DEED