El Paso, Texas, United States
She lives with her boyfriend Jesse Metcalfe in a Gothic Spanish Mediterranean style house in Hollywood Hills area of Los Angeles.
Cara Santana went to a prep school. At the age of 16, she moved to Los Angeles and got enrolled in Idyllwild Arts Academy, which is a boarding school that specializes in performing arts. She graduated from the Academy at the age of 18.
Actress and producer
- Father – Worked as Chief of Juvenile Probation in El Paso.
- Mother – Nancy Santana (Attorney)
- Siblings – She has a younger brother.
Cara Santana is represented by Leverage Management.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Cara Santana has dated
- Jesse Metcalfe (2009-Present) – According to US Magazine, Cara started going out with TV actor Jesse Metcalfe in 2006. They reportedly had a small hiccup in 2011 as they separated for a brief period of time. In 2014, it was widely reported that he popped the question, forcing Metcalfe to publicly quash these rumors. In August 2016, he finally proposed to her on a 50-foot Yacht while in the middle of the Hudson River. He had personally designed 5.5-carat diamond ring and rounded off his perfect proposal by playing Eric Clapton’s Pretty Girl in the background as they watched the sun set along the horizon.
Race / Ethnicity
On her father’s side, she has Italian Catholic ancestry, whereas, on her mother’s side, she has Russian Jewish ancestry.
33-23-35 in or 84-58.5-89 cm
0-2 (US) or 30-32 (EU)
8 (US) or 38.5 (EU)
Cara Santana hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand.
She was raised in a Jewish faith by her mother.
However, her mother wanted her to have a rounded religious view and Cara used to accompany her father to the Catholic church on Sundays. She was also encouraged to learn about other faiths as well.
Best Known For
- Being cast in one of the leading roles in the horror mystery movie, Reunion.
- Having played the lead role in the romantic drama series, DialStar in 2010.
- Having made guest appearances in the popular TV series such as Salem, CSI: Miami, and CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.
In 2015, Cara made her theatrical film debut in the mystery horror flick, Reunion.
First TV Show
In 2005, Cara made her first TV show appearance in an episode of the medical drama series, Strong Medicine.
Cara relies on her personal trainer Tracy Anderson to keep herself in perfect shape. She is regular at the Tracy Anderson Method Studios in Los Angeles.
Anderson switches her workout routine every 10 days and her routine has an eclectic mix of dance moves, Pilates, and cardiovascular exercises. The workout sessions focus on working core muscles with dynamic stretches and tones other body parts, while burning some serious calories. She also has an active lifestyle and loves to go hiking and playing golf in free time.
She has also worked with celebrity trainer Simone De La Rue and often accompanies her bestie Lea Michele to Simone’s studio in Los Angeles. Simone relies on a blend of yoga, dancing, aerobics, and cardio to keep her high profile clients, which includes likes of Khloe Kardashian, Taylor Swift, and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley. Also, she uses mini-trampoline to make her workout fun and special.
As per her diet, she isn’t a fan of restricting herself. She believes in eating a healthy and balanced diet, while not depriving herself of favorite foods. Plus, she drinks a lot of water to keep herself hydrated.
Cara Santana Favorite Things
- Breakfast Eatery in Los Angeles – Beverly Hills Hotel – Polo Lounge in Beverly Hills, Chateau Marmont in West Hollywood
- Dinner Restaurant in Los Angeles – Pace on Laurel Canyon Blvd, Sunset Tower Bar on Sunset Boulevard, and Pizzeria Mozza on N Highland Avenue
- Spa in Los Angeles – Sunset Tower Spa on Sunset Boulevard and ES Nail on Melrose Avenue
- Go To Wardrobe Item – Alexander Wang black tee
- Travel Destination – Johannesburg, South Africa
- Instagram Accounts – @HauteStreet, @insta_animal, and @BarackObama
- Typical Bar Order – Club Soda with Lime
- Word She Uses Too Often – Essentially
- TV Guilty Pleasure – This is Us
- First CD She Bought – Craig David’s debut album
- Food – Pizza
- Pizza Toppings – Mushroom
- Comedy Movie – Dumb and Dumber (1994)
- Emoji – Red heart
Source – TheMuseDiaries.com, Buzz Feed
Cara Santana Facts
- She has started her fashion blog by the name of CaraDisclothed.com. She created her blog so that she could have detailed dialogue about fashion with her fans and followers.
- In her teens, she struggled with her drug and alcohol addiction, which negatively affected her relationship with her parents.
- When she was 18 years old, she overdosed on drugs and alcohol and felt she was going to die. However, it served as a turning point in her life as she kicked her drug habit thereafter and has been sober since then.
- She is a fan of body art and has got more than a couple of tattoos including a Hebrew saying on her ribcage, which translates to ‘A setback, is a set up for a comeback.’ She got it after turning sober.
- In May 2014, she traveled to Botswana in Africa to work on a social project started by UNICEF. She had traveled to Botswana in the past as well.
- She loves to play golf and first played it at the age of about 5 or 6. Her father got enrolled her for golf lessons at El Paso Country Club by the age of 9.
- She inherited her love for golf from her father and as a child, she often used to ride around on his golf cart.
- When she was 5 years old, she told her parents that she wanted to become an actress. However, her parents thought she would grow out of it.
- To present her case to attend an arts boarding school in Los Angeles, she created a Power Point presentation, in which she outlined reasons stating why it was a good idea.
- She has collaborated with celebrity stylist Joey Maalouf to launch The Glam App, which has licensed stylists and makeup artists available on a single tap. It was launched at the London Fashion Week in February 2015.
- Follow her on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Cara Santana / Instagram