|Barbara Corcoran Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||March 10, 1949|
Barbara Corcoran is an American businessperson, investor, speaker, consultant, syndicated columnist, author, real estate agent, television personality, and dancer who is best known as the founder of The Corcoran Group (a real estate firm founded in 1973). She sold the firm to NRT for $66 million in 2001. Corcoran is also known for being one of the original “Shark” investors of ABC’s business reality series Shark Tank. Additionally, she has served as a columnist for More, The Daily Review, Redbook, and others.
Barbara Ann Corcoran
Edgewater, Bergen County, New Jersey, United States
Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States
Barbara Corcoran studied at a local Catholic school and then went to St. Cecilia High School in Englewood. She transferred to Leonia High School after she flunked several courses during her freshman year and eventually graduated as a D student.
Afterward, she attended St. Thomas Aquinas College (STAC) in Sparkill, New York and graduated with a degree in Education in 1971.
Businessperson, Investor, Speaker, Consultant, Syndicated Columnist, Author, Real Estate Agent, Television Personality, Dancer
- Father – Edwin W. Corcoran Jr.
- Mother – Florence (Homemaker)
- Siblings – She has one older and 8 younger siblings, including Florence (Sister) and John Corcoran (Younger Brother).
Barbara Corcoran has been repped by Barbara Corcoran, Inc., Company, New York City, New York, United States.
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, her net worth has been $100 Million.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Barbara Corcoran has dated –
- Ramone Simonè – She previously dated Ramone Simonè who encouraged her to work for a real estate company and later loaned her $1,000 as they co-founded The Corcoran-Simonè. However, the relationship ended after 7 years when he told her he was going to marry her secretary.
- Bill Higgins (1988-Present) – She got married to Bill Higgins (a retired Navy captain and former FBI agent who participated in the Gulf War) in 1988. Their son named Tom was born in 1994 via in vitro fertilization with an egg donated by her sister Florence. Barbara and Bill later adopted a daughter named Kate.
Race / Ethnicity
Barbara Corcoran is of Irish descent.
Sports short hair
Barbara Corcoran appeared in a TV commercial for the “Geebo” payment system via an iPhone in 2013.
She grew up in a Catholic household.
Barbara Corcoran Facts
- Throughout her childhood years, her father kept bouncing from one job to another and there were times when the family relied on deliveries of free food from a friendly local grocer.
- Barbara has stated that her father used to occasionally drink a lot and would treat her mother with disrespect and condescension, especially when he was drunk.
- She had a hard time during her school years until she learned that she was dyslexic.
- Due to dyslexia, she was labeled the ‘dumb kid’ by her teachers and classmates. She later stated that the bullying “drove her to work harder and learn the skills she needed to succeed”.
- By the time she was 23 years old, Barbara Corcoran had worked a total of 20 jobs, including teaching in a school and a side job renting apartments in New York City.
- She has also worked as a waitress.
- Barbara Corcoran bought a 2,700-square-foot apartment in a co-op building on Park Avenue in New York City for $3.5 million in 2001.
- She purchased a penthouse unit on Fifth Avenue in New York City for $10 million in 2015.
- Some of her hobbies include skiing and going to the beach.
- Partnered with Keo Motsepe, Barbara Corcoran appeared as a contestant on the 25th season of Dancing with the Stars in September 2017.
- She held a mock funeral for her 70th birthday in 2019.
- In April 2019, her younger brother John died of a heart attack at age 64.
- Barbara Corcoran had made 53 deals on Shark Tank as of February 2020 and the largest one was a $350,000 investment for 40% of Coverplay.
Featured Image by Jacqueline Zaccor / Flickr / CC BY 2.0