|Mark Burnett Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||July 17, 1960|
Mark Burnett is a British TV producer who is best known for producing globally popular and commercially successful TV shows such as The Apprentice and Survivor. He has also served as the executive producer of TV shows such as Beat Shazam, TKO, Shark Tank, The Voice, and The World’s Best. In December 2015, he was appointed as the President of MGM (Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer) Television and Digital Group and in June 2018, he was named as the chairman of MGM Worldwide Television.
James Mark Burnett
The Male Model
London, England, United Kingdom
Malibu, Los Angeles County, California, United States
- Father – Archie Burnett (Automobile Factory Worker)
- Mother – Jean Burnett (Automobile Factory Worker)
- Others – Paddy Downey (Father-in-Law) (School Teacher, Mortgage Broker) (d. 1980), Maureen Downey (Mother-in-Law) (née O’Reilly) (d. 1970), John Downey (Brother-in-Law), Lawrence Downey (Brother-in-Law), Jacinta McLaughlin (Sister-in-Law), Ann Flood (Sister-in-Law)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mark has dated –
- Kym Gold (1988-1989) – Mark was married to businesswoman and designer Kym Gold for a short while between 1988 and 1989.
- Dianne J. Valentine (1990-2003) – Mark began dating Dianne J. Valentine in 1990 and the couple got married a year later, in 1991. They have 2 sons together named Cameron Burnett (b. April 26, 1997) (Film Director) and James Burnett. They had filed for legal separation in September 2002 and the judgment for the same was granted to them in December 2003.
- Roma Downey (2003-Present) – Mark began dating Northern Irish actress, producer, and author Roma Downey in April 2003. He had proposed to her on Thanksgiving Day in 2006 at a family vacation in Zihuatanejo, Mexico, and they got married on April 28, 2007, in Malibu. He has a step-daughter named Reilly Marie Downey Anspaugh from Roma’s previous marriage to director David Anspaugh.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of British descent.
- Short-cropped, side-parted hair
- Clean-shaven look
- Cheerful smile
Mark Burnett Facts
- He had joined the British Army when he was 17 years old. He had risen through the ranks and become a Section Commander in the Parachute Regiment. Between 1978 and 1982, he had served with the 3rd Battalion, Parachute Regiment, and had been involved on the frontline during the Falklands War.
- In 1982, he had emigrated to the United States in October that year. A friend of his named Nick Hill, who had emigrated earlier from the UK, had helped him secure a job as a live-in nanny and security guard with an affluent family in Beverly Hills.
- A few years after working in a couple of similar jobs, he had rented a portion of a fence at Venice Beach in Los Angeles where he used to sell T-shirts during weekends.
- He had entered, in 1991, a French adventure race-cum-competition called Raid Gauloises. He identified a new business opportunity in this, purchased the format’s rights, and launched a similar show known as Eco-Challenge. This was his debut as a TV producer.
- As of October 2020, TV series produced by him had been nominated 143 times at the Emmy Awards. At a personal level, he had won 12 Emmy Awards, 5 Producers Guild of America Awards, and 7 Critics’ Choice Television Awards by then.
Featured Image by Mark Burnett / Instagram