|Keo Motsepe Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||November 24, 1989|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Keo Motsepe is a South African dancer and television personality who has gained acclaim with his Latin and Ballroom styles of dancing. He has also appeared on shows such as Dancing with the Stars and Dancing with the Stars: Juniors, being the first black professional dancer on Dancing with the Stars.
Pretoria, Gauteng Province, South Africa
Los Angeles, California, United States
Dancer, Television Personality
- Siblings – He has two older sisters.
Dance Partners Inc.
86 kg or 190 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Keo Motsepe has dated –
- Emma Slater (2015) – By the start of 2015, Keo Motsepe was reported to be dating dancer and choreographer Emma Slater. Apparently, they had grown closer while taking part in the Dancing with the Stars Live Tour, in which they gave a scintillating Rumba performance. The rumors of them being a couple solidified in February 2015 after she shared a selfie of them together on her Instagram account, which had a heart emoji in the caption.
- Chrishell Stause (2020-2021) – In December 2020, it was revealed that Keo was dating American actress Chrishell Stause. Keo was the one who pursued her and asked Chrishell out first. They broke up in February 2021.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of South African origin.
- Tall and athletic body
- Goatee beard
His body specifications might be –
- Chest – 44 in or 112 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15 in or 38 cm
- Waist – 34 in or 86 cm
Best Known For
Being one of the professional dancers on the ABC reality dance show, Dancing with the Stars
First TV Show
In 2014, Keo was first seen on the dance reality show Dancing with the Stars as himself – dance partner.
Thanks to his regular and intense dance practices and performances, he gets a lot of cardio workouts which explains Keo’s absolutely jacked physique. Apart from his dancing routines, he also relies on gym workouts to keep his body in great shape. In the gym, he is a big fan of kettlebell exercise routines.
Keo Motsepe Favorite Things
- Dream Dance Partners – Kendall Jenner, Jessica Alba, Ciara
- Car Manufacturer – Aston Martin
- Dish to Cook – Lasagna with sausage
- Country to Visit – Japan
- Dream Travel Destination – Bora Bora
- Color – Blue
- Movie – Coming to America (1988)
- Music Artist – Michael Bublé
- Johannesburg Night Club – Cocoon Lounge, Kong, Taboo, and Newscafé
Source – Essence.com, UsMagazine.com, HuffingtonPost.com
Keo Motsepe Facts
- His career began when he was 11 years old as he participated in a competitive dance scene representing his country.
- When he got a call to join Dancing with the Stars, he used to work as a dancer in the Norwegian Cruise Line in Miami.
- While studying in high school, he excelled in track and field events. He was also pretty decent in the javelin throw and shot put.
- Keo is efficient in 6 languages, which apart from his native Afrikaans and English include Sesotho, a bit of Zulu, Setswana, and Pedi.
- While growing up, he aspired to become a marketing manager.
- If he hadn’t become a professional dancer, he would have loved to run his own business.
- He loves to drive and even has a certificate in advanced driving.
- He has got two tattoos on his wrist – the initials of his family and his nephew’s name.
- The meaning of his name translated into English means ‘I rely on God.’ His name has been taken from the Setswana language.
- He is a prince in his native area of Johannesburg, South Africa. His grandfather was a prince who passed on to Keo’s uncle (father’s younger brother), and Keo inherited the title from his uncle as he was his father’s only son.
- He got into dancing at the age of 5 after his friend suggested that they try something different from soccer. Her mom was thrilled as she didn’t have to do laundry every day.
- When he got selected to perform in Dancing with the Stars, he created history by becoming the first African (Black) dancer in the show.
- He won the Latin American Dance Championship in South Africa for 8 consecutive years.
- He is terrified of heights.
- In 2014, he paired up with Olympic athlete Lolo Jones for the 19th season of Dancing with the Stars. However, the duo got eliminated in the first week of the competition, finishing in 13th place.
- He got paired up with Harry Potter actress Evanna Lynch for the 27th season of Dancing with the Stars and the duo made it to the finals, finishing in 3rd place. This also marked his first time in the finale of the show.
- Over the years, he has participated in multiple seasons of Dancing with the Stars and has partnered with the likes of Chaka Khan, Barbara Corcoran, Charlotte McKinney, Jennie Finch Daigle, Anne Heche, and Jodie Sweetin.
- In April 2021, during an interview, he revealed that the worst celeb partner he’s had to dance with was Chaka Khan.
- He can do cooking.
- He is the youngest among his siblings.
- Keo’s laugh is high-pitched.
- Keo considers himself a great shower singer.
- Keo is good at balancing the soccer ball on his feet. He can do so for nearly 5 minutes.
- He was raised in Cape Town, South Africa. So, whenever he visits the country, he definitely goes to Cape Town.
- He never forgets to eat food at Nando’s whenever he is in South Africa. It is a South African food chain with many healthy options.
- He loves children.
- He has a photographic memory when it comes to locations.