|Lolo Jones Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||August 5, 1982|
Lolo Jones is an American bobsledder, hurdler, model, and actress. She has won various titles including NCAA titles, All-American honors while studying at Louisiana State University, 3 indoor national titles in 2007, 2008, and 2009, and 2 gold medals at the World Indoor Championship in 2008 and 2010.
Lori Susan Jones
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
Lolo attended 8 different schools in 8 years while moving with her mom and family, before enrolling at Theodore Roosevelt High School in Des Moines, Iowa, United States.
Despite having serious aspirations to attend Iowa State University, she changed her mind and enrolled at Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States. She earned 2 degrees there in Spanish and economics.
Bobsledder, Hurdler, Model, Actress
- Father – James Jones (Worked for the United States Air Force)
- Mother – Lori née Counter Jones
- Siblings – She has 5 siblings.
- Others – Vern Delphus/Delphis Counter (Maternal Grandfather), Laurene Mary Ann Johnson (Maternal Grandmother), Theodore Albert Counter (Maternal Great-Grandfather), Susie Anna Jackson (Maternal Great-Grandmother), Joseph Benedict “Joe” Johnson (Maternal Great-Grandfather), Fidelia Susanna Simeon (Maternal Great-Grandmother)
Lolo Jones is represented by MN2S Management (Manager) in Miami, Florida, United States.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
- 60 kg or 132 lbs (When competing in hurdling)
- 73 kg or 161 lbs (When competing in bobsledding)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Lolo Jones has dated –
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (White and Black)
She is of African-American descent on her paternal side, and of German, Swedish, Irish, French-Canadian, and Norwegian descent on her maternal side. She also claimed to be of Native American (Cherokee and Chippewa) descent but it was never verified.
She has also dyed her hair ‘Dark Brown’, ‘Sunkissed Brown’, and ‘Ombre’ with ‘Blonde hair ends.
- Thin Nose
- Strong jawline
Lolo Jones has endorsed brands such as –
- Red Bull
- Gold Meets Golden
She has also supported charities such as Hurdles of Hope and raised money for a victim of the 2008 Iowa flood and the members of her high school track team long after graduation.
Lolo Jones Favorite Things
- Role Model – Kim Carson (Elite Hurdler)
Source – Wikipedia
Lolo Jones Facts
- She grew up in a struggling family of 6 and was raised by a single mom, who often had to work 2 jobs to make ends meet.
- When she was in the 3rd grade, her family moved to a basement of a local Des Moines Salvation Army church in Iowa. Lolo used to get up earlier than the children who came to a summer camp at the church as she wanted to avoid being teased for living in the basement.
- During high school, she has lived with 4 different families who supported her dreams of competing in track and field.
- Lolo played the cello in the high school orchestra.
- During college, she worked in a local Iowa Bakery Cafe on top of studying, competing, and training. After she got her degree, she waited tables, worked at a home depot, and was a personal trainer.
- She failed to qualify for the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens, Greece and seriously thought about giving up on her dreams. Her coach simply told her: “I’ll see you at practice tomorrow.”
- Lolo was a favorite to win the 100-meter hurdles at the 2008 Beijing Olympics and was ahead in the race. However, near the final, she clipped the 9th hurdle with her foot, stumbled, and ended up in 7th place. A doctor later discovered that the problem came from her spine as he would touch her toes, and she couldn’t feel which toe on which foot he was touching. Lolo underwent successful surgery to correct the problem at a later date.
- She joined the United States national bobsled team in October 2012 and placed 2nd in the 2012 World Cup bobsledding competition in November.
- She is one of the rare athletes to compete in both the Summer and Winter Olympic Games.
- Lolo is a devout Christian and publicly and proudly revealed that she was a virgin. She also added that she would “hold out ’til 41” to “make a sequel” to The 40-Year-Old Virgin (2005) movie.
Featured Image by Lolo Jones / Instagram