|Neelam Kothari Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||November 9, 1969|
Neelam Kothari is an Indian jewelry designer and actress who made her film debut by playing the role of Sanam Malhotra in the Hindi-language film, Jawaani, in 1984. Since then, she has been cast in several movies including Mohabbat Aur Jung, Love 86, Hum Saath-Saath Hain, Mitti Aur Sona, Khudgarz, Do Qaidi, Khatron Ke Khiladi, Ghar Ka Chiraag, Hatya, Aag Hi Aag, Sindoor, Ilzaam, Farz Ki Jung, Paap Ki Duniya, Billoo Badshah, Taaqatwar, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, and Ghar Mein Ram Gali Mein Shyam.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Neelam Kothari studied at Island School, a co-educational international school located in Hong Kong. During her time there, she was a member of the Rutherford house.
Jewelry Designer, Actress
- Father – Shishir Kothari (Businessman, Jeweler)
- Mother – Parveen Kothari (Former Model)
- Sibling – Afsheen Kothari (Brother)
- Others – Kati (Ketty) Irani (Aunt) (Actress), Shehnaz Irani (Maternal Aunt), Mona (Maternal Aunt), Merwan (Maternal Uncle), Anne Kothari (Sister-In-Law)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Neelam Kothari has dated –
- Bobby Deol – She was romantically involved with Indian actor Bobby Deol in the past and the duo also got engaged. However, their relationship ended soon after.
- Govinda – She previously dated actor, comedian, and dancer Govinda. They got engaged in 1986 but later separated.
- Salman Khan – It was RUMORed that she once had an affair with popular actor, film producer, singer, painter, and television personality Salman Khan.
- Rishi Sethia – She got married to Rishi Sethia, the son of a businessman from the United Kingdom, in October 2000. However, the duo later got divorced.
- Samir Soni (2011-Present) – In 2011, she married an Indian actor, former fashion model, director, and writer Samir Soni. They adopted a daughter, named Ahana, in 2013.
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (Asian and White)
Neelam Kothari is of Gujarati-Iranian descent.
Neelam Kothari Facts
- Growing up, she learned to play the keyboard as well as danced Jazz Ballet.
- Neelam Kothari comes from a family that has been in the traditional jewelry-making business.
- She later shifted from Hong Kong to Bangkok.
- It was while holidaying in Mumbai that she was approached by director Ramesh Behl and eventually, she decided to give acting a shot.
- Alongside her Hum Saath Saath Hain co-stars Salman Khan, Saif Ali Khan, Sonali Bendre, and Tabu, Neelam was charged with the Wildlife Act and the IPC for the poaching of two blackbucks in 1998 in Kankani during the filming of Hum Saath Saath Hain. Later, on April 5, 2018, she was acquitted by the CJM court at Jodhpur.
- In 2020, Neelam Kothari appeared in the reality television series named Fabulous Lives of Bollywood Wives.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY 3.0