|Cyd Charisse Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7½ in|
|Date of Birth||March 8, 1922|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
Cyd Charisse was an American dancer, actress, voiceover artist, and stage actress who began her career in the entertainment industry in the 1940s and went on to appear in several films and shows like Assassination in Rome, Twilight for the Gods, Empire State Building Murders, It’s Always Fair Weather, The Band Wagon, Hawaii Five-O, Warlords of Atlantis, The Unfinished Dance, On an Island with You, and Murder, She Wrote. Moreover, in 2006, she received the National Medal of the Arts and Humanities.
Tula Ellice Finklea
Cyd Charisse, Maria Istomina, Felia Sidorova, Maria Istomena, Natacha Tulaelis, Celia Siderova, Lily Norwood
She was born on March 8, 1922.
On June 17, 2008, Cyd Charisse passed away at the age of 86 in Los Angeles, California, United States due to complications from a heart attack.
Hillside Memorial Park Cemetery, Culver City, California, United States
Amarillo, Texas, United States
Cyd Charisse took ballet lessons from Adolph Bolm and Bronislava Nijinska.
Actress, Dancer, Voiceover Artist, Stage Actress
- Father – Ernest Enos Finklea, Sr. (Jeweler)
- Mother – Lela (née Norwood)
- Sibling – Thomas Jarrell Finklea (Younger Brother)
- Others – Nana Visitor (Niece) (Actress), Ian Tucker (Nephew) (Actor), Zan Charisse (Niece) (Actress), Liv Lindeland (Daughter-In-Law) (Actress), Sheila Charisse (Daughter-In-Law) (Died in the crash of American Airlines Flight 191 on May 25, 1979)
5 ft 7½ in or 171.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Cyd Charisse had dated –
- Nico Charisse (1939-1947) – She married Nico Charisse in 1939 and they were blessed with a son named Nico “Nicky” Charisse. However, the duo divorced in 1947.
- John F. Kennedy (1945)
- Tyrone Power (1946)
- Tony Martin (1948-2008) – In 1948, she got married to actor and singer Tony Martin and they remained together until her death in 2008. The couple also had a son named Tony Martin, Jr. (1950–2011).
Race / Ethnicity
- Usually sported short hair
- Charming smile
Cyd Charisse Facts
- She declined the role of Jo Stockton in the 1957 musical romantic comedy film, Funny Face, and it was later played by Audrey Hepburn.
- She appeared in the music video for the song Alright by Janet Jackson in 1990.
- Guinness Book of World Records featured Cyd Charisse under “Most Valuable Legs” in 2001 as she had a $5 million insurance policy issued on her legs in 1952.
- In March 2002, she was inducted into the Texas Film Hall of Fame in Austin.
- She was a Republican.
Featured Image by Studio / eBay / Public Domain