|Samantha Spiro Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||June 20, 1968|
Samantha Spiro is an English actress who burst into the limelight after essaying Barbara Windsor in the stage play Cleo, Camping, Emmanuelle and Dick (1998). She gained further acclaim by getting featured in various films such as the comedy Tomorrow La Scala! (2002) and by starring in numerous TV shows including the HBO series Game of Thrones (2016). Samantha is the recipient of many accolades like the Whatsonstage.com Award in 2000 for “Best Actress in a Musical”.
Mill Hill, London, England, United Kingdom
She enrolled in the National Youth Theatre, and later took lessons from the Webber Douglas Academy of Dramatic Art. She went to Bancroft’s School from 1982 to 1985 and then came back in 2016 for an Arts & Drama masterclass.
- Father – He was a property dealer who started out in the rag trade.
She has been represented by Hamilton Hodell.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Mark Leadbetter (2002-Present) – She tied the knot with actor Mark in February 2002, whom she had met at drama school. They have 2 daughters named Harriet (b. 2005) and Heidi (b. 2007).
Race / Ethnicity
She is of English and German descent.
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- High cheekbones
- Expressive eyes
- Sharp nose
Samantha Spiro Favorite Things
- Snacks – Cashew nuts, Dark chocolate
Source – The Guardian
Samantha Spiro Facts
- Spiro was raised in Radlett in Hertfordshire.
- She had started to crave to become an actress at the age of 10 after she saw a production of Androcles and the Lion at the Open Air Theatre, Regent’s Park in central London. It had just been a desire to be up on the stage with no idea regarding the form it would take.
- Samantha has disclosed that her time at Bancroft’s had ignited her enthusiasm for a career in the arts.
- She has recounted having experienced a period of unemployment in her twenties, during which she used to sell mirrors on Portobello Road. She would get envious of the famous actors walking past not realizing that they were most likely out of work as well.
- Samantha has recalled that before taking on the role of Barbara in Cleo, Camping, Emmanuelle and Dick, she had been delighted to meet the legend, having found her to be unbelievably warm and generous. Barbara had arrived backstage after the first night of the show with flowers, chocolates, a balloon, champagne as well as a camera crew. She had been totally open to Samantha phoning her up at any time to take any information or advice.
- Spiro has revealed that aging has been a bonus for her. As a young actress, she had never felt quite right and had always opted for character roles, and never the straight ingénue. As she has got older, she has been grateful to find that her parts have gotten better.
- Her daughter had given up meat, after which Samantha and her husband had followed suit. She has also tried to avoid dairy.
- Samantha has not been religious but has still liked going round to her mother’s place on Friday nights if she is not performing, to light the candles, say a prayer and then enjoy lots of delicious food.
Featured Image by Samantha Spiro / Instagram