Tarzana, Los Angeles, California, U.S.
Hailee studied from a variety of schools from Ascension Lutheran School, Conejo Elementary, and Colina Middle School. She has been homeschooled since 2008.
Actress, model, singer
- Father – Peter Steinfeld (Personal Fitness Trainer)
- Mother – Cheri (née Domasin) (Interior Designer)
- Siblings – Griffin (Older Brother) (Off-road race driver)
- Others – Jake Steinfeld (Uncle) (Fitness Trainer), True O’Brien (Cousin)
Pop, dance pop
5 ft 6¾ in or 169.5 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Hailee Steinfeld dated –
- Douglas Booth (2012-2013) – They first met during the Met Ball event in 2012 and it was RUMORed that they are dating together. This RUMORed relationship ended in November 2013.
- Cameron Smoller (2016-2017) – She started dating soccer player Cameron Smoller in mid-2016. However, she confirmed her relationship with Cameron by making a public debut at W Magazine Celebration of the Best Performances Portfolio in January 2017. The relationship got fizzled out by the end of the year.
- Niall Horan (2017-2018) – Irish singer Niall Horan and Hailee started dating in late 2017. They made their relationship Instagram official in early 2018 when Hailee’s picture wearing a t-shirt showing Niall’s tour was published. In late 2018, they split after dating for a year.
Race / Ethnicity
Her father is Jewish while her mother has Filipino, African-American, English and German ancestry.
- Mixed ethnicity
- Smokey eyes
- Broad nose
34-27-35 in or 86-68.5-89 cm
8 (US) or 40 (EU)
10 (US) or 40.5 (EU)
She started appearing in local commercials in her childhood.
In May 2011, she was chosen as the face of Miu Miu, famous designer brand.
Her father is a Jewish and maternal grandfather was Filipino. She has not revealed which religion, she follows.
Best Known For
Her portrayal of Mattie Ross in the 2010 film True Grit. For her performance in this film, she was nominated for an Oscar for Best Supporting Actress and also a BAFTA award for Best Actress in a Leading Role.
As a Singer
In November 2015, she released her debut EP called Haiz via Republic Records. It consists of songs such as “Love Myself,” “You’re Such A,” etc.
She started acting at 8 by appearing in short films like Heather: A Fairytale as Heather in 2008, She’s a Fox as Talia Alden in 2009, Without Wings as Allison in 2010, Grand Cru as Sophie in 2010.
First TV Show
She appeared in an American situation comedy series Back to You for her role as “Little Girl” in an episode titled “Gracie’s Bully” in 2007. Like her role, the TV show also existed for short duration from September 19, 2007, to May 14, 2008.
She must be working out to stay in shape.
Hailee Steinfeld Favorite Things
- Film – The Social Network (2010)
Source – IMDb
Hailee Steinfeld Facts
- She commenced acting at the age of 8, appearing in many short length films.
- For the role of Mattie Ross in True Grit, she was shortlisted from a list of 15,000 candidates.
- She is good friends with Taylor Swift.
- She loves pop music and is a fan of Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Adele.
- She grew up in Tarzana in Los Angeles but was raised in Agoura Hills and Thousand Oaks in California.
- She was homeschooled starting from 2008.
- For the 2010 movie, True Grit, she received an unbelievable 29 nominations, out of which 15 turned into awards.
- She has appeared in commercials for Kmart.
- At just 16 years old, she was taller than many boys, she knew. She used to receive many compliments for that.
- Follow her on Twitter and catch the updates on Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, and YouTube VEVO.