|Shaun White Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||September 3, 1986|
Shaun White is an American professional snowboarder, skateboarder, and musician who became friends with renowned skateboarder Tony Hawk when White was just 9 years old and Hawk later mentored him. Shaun White is a three-time Olympic gold medalist as well as holds the record for the most X-Games gold medals and most Olympic gold medals by a snowboarder and has won 10 ESPY Awards.
Shaun Roger White
Future Boy, The Egg, The Flying Tomato, The Animal
San Diego, California, United States
Shaun White has a house in Los Angeles, California. He also has residential properties in New York’s East Village neighborhood, Malibu, and Park City, Utah.
In 2001, Shaun White got enrolled at the Torrey Pines High School. However, he left school in 2002.
Professional snowboarder, skateboarder, and musician
- Father – Roger White
- Mother – Cathy White
- Siblings – Jesse White (Older Brother), Kari White (Older Sister)
Shaun White can be reached through Shaun White Enterprises.
He has also been represented by United Talent Agency.
He was previously signed up with Creative Artists Agency Sports.
Warner Bros Records
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
71 kg or 156.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Shaun White has dated –
- Summer Spiro (2004-2008) – Shaun White started going out with actress Summer Spiro in 2004. They had a slightly on and off relationship for the duration of 4 years as White was linked with a couple of other women while he was with Spiro. They never publicly confirmed their relationship but were spotted together at a number of events.
- Lindsay Lohan (2006) – White was rumored to be dating actress Lindsay Lohan in February 2006. They were seen together sharing an intimate night at the New York club Bungalow 8. They never confirmed that they were going out but White did confirm that he and Lohan met at the Bungalow 8.
- Elisha Cuthbert (2008) – In the early months of 2008, White was reported to going out with actress Elisha Cuthbert. They were pictured together in February 2008, which sparked relationship rumors. They were spending their free time together.
- Andrea H – Shaun White was reported to be going out with Andrea H in the past.
- Arielle Vandenberg (2011) – White was linked with actress and model Arielle Vandenberg by the American tabloids in 2011. They had been spotted together on a couple of occasions.
- Bar Refaeli (2012) – According to reports, Shaun was going out with Israeli supermodel Bar Refaeli in 2012. They were seen together at the 2014 Olympics in London in the stands while watching Michael Phelps in the 4x200m freestyle relay final. They had started dating in May. They had first met at the Maxim party, which was held to celebrate their annual feature of Sexiest Woman in the World. Incidentally, Refaeli had been recognized as the sexiest woman in that year’s feature.
- Sarah Barthel (2013-2019) – White started dating singer Sarah Barthel in 2013. Sarah is also a member of the music band Phantogram. They had met just before he left to participate in the Sochi Winter Olympics. She was seen supporting him at the official competitions as well. They broke up in 2019.
- Nina Dobrev (2020-Present) – In March 2020, Shaun was first seen with actress Nina Dobrev on a bike ride. Since that time, they have been seen together a couple of times.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Italian and Irish ancestry.
- Prominent nose
- Cool style sense
Shaun White has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- Burton Snowboards
- Birdhouse Skateboards
- Park City Mountain Resort
- Target Corporation
- Red Bull
Best Known For
- Being one of the most iconic and successful snowboarders. He has managed to win three Olympic gold medals.
- Being one of the most decorated and accomplished US athletes. He has won 10 ESPY Awards.
- Having accomplished a lot of success as a skateboarder. He has won several titles in skateboarding including the title of Action Sports Tour Champion.
As a Musician
He has served as a guitarist for the electronic rock band Bad Things. The band was one of the featured acts at the 2013 Lollapalooza Festival. In January 2014, they released their self-titled studio album.
The band broke up in 2015 after the frontman and lead singer Davis LeDuke decided to move to New York City.
In 2013, Shaun made his theatrical film debut by lending his voice to the Clueless Smurf character in the animated comedy movie, The Smurfs 2.
He made his first theatrical film appearance in the comedy-crime movie, Stretch in October 2014.
First TV Show
In 1998, Shaun White made his first TV show appearance as himself in the comedy talk show, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.
After he failed to maintain his usual high levels of performance at the Sochi Olympics, he decided to hire Tim Hartwig as his personal trainer and for the first time in his career, decided to seriously work in the gym.
Tim has developed a workout routine based on goals they aim to achieve on particular days. For example, on strength day, they mostly work on the sled. They also do a couple of bodyweight exercises to boost strength.
The gym routine has helped him improve his endurance and stamina. Earlier, he used to get worn out after hard riding for two days. But with fitness regime improvement, he can go on for 4 to 5 days. It has also improved his ability to ride through hard landings and can fly higher on the transitions.
Shaun White Favorite Things
- Music Artists – MIA, Kinks, Joy Division, New Order, Siouxie and the Banshees, Paul Simon, and New Bomb Turks
- Music – Songs with powerful intros
- Food Indulgences – Chinese Food
- Holiday – Halloween
- Movie Genre – Romantic Comedies
Shaun White Facts
- He got into skateboarding by following in his older brother’s footsteps, who used to practice at the iconic YMCA park in San Diego.
- He signed his sponsorship deal at the age of 7 as Burton Snowboards decided to back the impressive prodigy. He still has a sponsorship deal with them.
- Shaun is the first snowboarder to have done the ‘three-peat’ in the SuperPipe event at the Winter X Games.
- He once stated during a 2007 interview with the Outside magazine that he had turned down numerous film roles in which “the first lines [for his character] are always “What up, brah?'”.
- Shaun has collaborated with the clothing giant Target to launch his exclusive clothing line that focuses on kids. His older brother assisted him in the designing process.
- In 2015, he acquired Air + Style, which is an organizer of a series of worldwide events that are a mashup of the music festival, design show, and snowboard competition.
- He has launched his collection of menswear clothing under the title of WHT Space. He has also collaborated with Beats by Dr. Dre to launch his collection of headphones.
- He holds a minority ownership stake in Mammoth Mountain Ski Resort. Incidentally, he started snowboarding at the same resort at the age of 6.
- Shaun has made an investment in the chain of healthy food eateries in Southern California known as Sweetgreen.
- he has won the Revolver Golden Gods Award for “Most Metal Athlete”.
- In 2016, his former Bad Things bandmate Lena Zawaideh filed a lawsuit against White alleging breach of contract and sexual harassment. She claimed that White had sent her p*rnographic images. White eventually agreed to reach out of court settlement with Lena in May 2017. The terms of the settlement were kept secret.
- In 2018, he was caught up in a controversy after he termed the sexual harassment lawsuit against him as gossip during a conference at the Winter Olympics. He was widely condemned for trivializing sexual harassment. He eventually apologized for his remarks.
- He has partnered with Burton Snowboards to create his line of products including a range of boots and helmets.
- His parents have named him after the South African professional surfer Shaun Tomson.
- He was once hired as a stunt double for the Disney show called The Jersey.
- While training for the 2018 Winter Olympics in New Zealand, he had an accident as he crashed against the edge of the superpipe. The accident left him requiring 62 stitches on his face.
- At the 2012 Winter X games, he created history by becoming the first player in the history of the competition to achieve a score of a perfect 100 in the men’s Snowboard Superpipe.
- White holds the distinction of being the first competitor to have won consecutive gold medals in the Winter X-Games Superpipe event.
- He is the first athlete to have won at the Winter Dew Cup as well as Summer Cup.
- The gold medal he won at the Men’s Halfpipe event was the 100th gold medal won by the United States athletes at the Winter Olympics 2018.
- He has his own character featured in the popular video game, Shaun Palmer’s Pro Snowboarder. He has also launched his own video games – Shaun White Skateboarding and Shaun White Snowboarding.
- He was born with a congenital heart defect known as Tetralogy of Fallot. Before he reached the age of 1, he had to undergo two open-heart surgeries.
- He holds the distinction of being the first competitor to participate and win a medal at both Winter X and Summer Games in two different sports.
- He is the first snowboarder in the history of the discipline to have completed back-to-back double corks at the Red Bull superpipe.
- He is the first skater to have successfully landed the frontside heelflip 540 body varial (The Armadillo).
- In the early phase of his skateboarding career, he was mentored by professional skateboarder Tony Hawk. Hawk had befriended White when he was nine years old and played a key role in getting him to participate in professional competitions by the age of 17.
- In September 2012, he was arrested in Nashville after police were called because of drunken antics outside a hotel. He was in the city to attend the wedding party of Patrick Carney, the drummer of The Black Keys.
- He was charged with vandalism and public intoxication by the authorities but was soon released.
- In June 2007, he was selected as the Chairman of the Board for the Spike TV Guys’ Choice Awards. He was appointed to a similar role in June 2010 as well.
- In February 2022, Shaun announced that he was retiring from professional snowboarding.
Featured Image by U.S. Mission Korea / Facebook / Public Domain