|Nina Dobrev Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6½ in|
|Date of Birth||January 9, 1989|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Nina Dobrev is a Canadian actress, model, voiceover artist, and producer who is best known for playing Elena Gilbert and Katherine Pierce in The CW’s supernatural drama series The Vampire Diaries. In addition to that, she is also known for having been cast in Robot Chicken, Fam, Degrassi: The Next Generation, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Then Came You, The Roommate, Run This Town, XXX: Return of Xander Cage, Never Cry Werewolf, The Originals, The Super Hero Squad Show, and Merry Madagascar.
Nikolina Konstantinova Dobreva (Native Name – Николина Константинова Добрева)
Ninche, Ninja, Looch, French Kote, Neens, Dee, Trouble, DoeDoe, Unicorn, Almond
Nina Dobrev attended J. B. Tyrrell Sr. Public School, Scarborough, Canada. Then, she went to the Wexford Collegiate School for the Arts, Scarborough, Ontario, and Ryerson University, Toronto, majoring in sociology. She left in 2006 to pursue her acting career.
Model, Actress, Voiceover Artist, Producer
- Father – Konstantin Dobrev (Computer Specialist)
- Mother – Mihaela Dobreva (née Radeva) (Artist)
- Siblings – Aleksandar Dobrev (Older Brother)
She has been signed with these agencies –
- Noble Caplan Abrams, Talent Agency, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Imprint PR, Public Relations Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Brillstein Entertainment Partners
5 ft 6½ in or 169 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Nina Dobrev has dated –
- Derek Theler – American actor Derek Theler was romantically involved with Nina in the past.
- Benjamin Hollingsworth (2006-2009) – In the year 2006, she began dating actor Benjamin Hollingsworth and they were together until 2009.
- Evan Williams (2009) – It was RUMORed that she had a fling with actor Evan Williams in 2009.
- Ian Somerhalder (2010-2013) – American model and actor Ian Somerhalder is the one whom Nina dated from March 2010 until April 2013. They first met on the set of popular TV series “The Vampire Diaries” and their romance extended off the set as well.
- Derek Hough (2013) – From August 2013 until November 2013, Nina dated American dancer, Derek Hough.
- Liam Hemsworth (2014) – Australian actor Liam Hemsworth was RUMORed to have had a fling with Nina in February 2014. They were spotted together in a Corner Tavern bar and as per an eyewitness, they enjoyed their time together by having drinks with a couple of other pals. Liam also gave Nina a good night kiss on the lips.
- Zachary Levi (2014) – There were RUMORs that the actress was involved with American actor, comedian, and singer Zachary Levi in 2014.
- Ben McKenzie (2014) – RUMOR
- Orlando Bloom (2014; 2017) – In 2014, she was RUMORed to be dating actor Orlando Bloom. Later, in April 2017, their names were again connected as the love birds were seen hanging out together.
- Alexander Ludwig (2014) – 2015 horror comedy film The Final Girls co-stars Alexander Ludwig and Nina Dobrev were RUMORed to have had a fling on August 22, 2014.
- Chris Wood (2014) – In November 2014, Nina was RUMORed to have had an encounter with actor Chris Wood.
- Zedd (2015) – German-Russian record producer Zedd was RUMORed to be dating Nina in May 2015 when he shared a picture of them together on his Instagram.
- Michael Trevino (2015) – In 2015, Nina was RUMORed to be dating actor Michael Trevino after she posted an Instagram picture of them at the bowling alley.
- Austin Stowell (2015-2016) – Nina met Whiplash (2014) star Austin Stowell via Selena Gomez and started dating him on April 30, 2015. The relationship went on until February 2016.
- David Anders
- Glen Powell (2017) – American actor, and writer Glen Powell and Nina were RUMORed to be dating in January 2017.
- Grant Mellon (2019) – She started going out with American actor Grant Mellon in January 2019 but the duo eventually parted ways by November 2019.
- Shaun White (2020-Present) – In March 2020, Nina was first seen with snowboarder Olympian Shaun White on a bike ride. Since that time, they have been spotted multiple times.
Race / Ethnicity
Nina Dobrev is of Bulgarian descent.
- Big brown eyes
- Long brown hair
33-23-33 in or 84-58.5-84 cm
Nina has appeared in America’s Dairy Producers “Got milk?” campaign alongside her mom.
Best Known For
For portraying Elena Gilbert and Katherine Pierce in the supernatural drama TV series The Vampire Diaries from 2009 onwards. This show is based on the book series of the same name. For this role, Nina Dobrev bagged multiple accolades including Teen Choice Awards for “Choice TV Actress – Fantasy/Sci-Fi” and “Choice TV Breakout Star – Female” and People’s Choice Awards for “Favorite TV Drama Actress” and “Favorite On-Screen Chemistry” (with Ian Somerhalder).
2006 Canadian film Away from Her for her role as Monica. However, she was not in a lead role in this film.
First TV Show
2006-2009 Canadian teen drama TV series Degrassi: The Next Generation, in which she portrayed the role of Mia Jones in 46 episodes.
Nina Dobrev is a yoga fan. She attends yoga classes 3 to 4 times a week. Sometimes, she takes the help of a yoga instructor. Yoga has become a part of her life. She mainly does Hot Yoga (done in hot and humid temperatures).
Other than her all-time favorite workout, she does running and pick weights too, but, not to bulk up her body, instead, she prefers to keep her body lean.
Nina Dobrev Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Chocolate
- Favorite TV Programs – Grey’s Anatomy (2005), True Blood (2008), House (2004-2012), Gossip Girl (2007), So You Think You Can Dance (2005), Heroes (2006-2010), Nip / Tuck (2003-2010)
- Favorite Movies – The Notebook (2004), Knocked Up (2007), Juno (2007), Transformers (2007), Schindler’s List (1993)
- Favorite Actor – Craig Kielburger
- Favorite Books – The Lovely Bones (Alice Sebold), The Alchemist (Paulo Coelho), Fugitive Pieces (Anne Michaels)
- Favorite Actress – Meryl Streep
- Favorite Idol – Rachel McAdams
- Favorite Beauty Products – Philosophy’s When Hope Is Not Enough, Jan Marini Factor-A Eyes for Dark Circles
Nina Dobrev Facts
- Nina Dobrev enjoys playing rock band and likes water sports such as wakeboarding, surfing, swimming, and scuba diving.
- Nina Dobrev has 2 pets – 1 dog named Maverick and 1 cat, named, Miss Linx.
- Nina was born in Bulgaria but moved to Canada when she was 2.
- Nina can speak French, English, and Bulgarian fluently.
- She has 1 older brother and her father is a computer engineer, while her mother is an artist.
- Sara Paxton is her best friend.
- She wears glasses.
- Nina has been named after her maternal grandmother, Nikolina Constantine.
- She enjoys making jewelry and is planning to open her own jewelry line in the near future.
- Nina had played a teenage mother role in the TV series “Degrassi: The Next Generation” (2006-2009).
- Nina Dobrev was voted no. 44 in FHM Australia’s Top 100 Sexiest Women in the World in 2011.
- She has also built a school with her “Degrassi: The Next Generation” (2006-2009) co-stars in Kenya through a non-profit organization Free the Children.