Fort Collins, United States
Derek Theler studied at Colorado State University in Fort Collins to graduate with a degree in Sports Medicine and Nutrition.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Ashlea (Sister)
- Others – Phoenix (Nephew)
Derek is represented by Authentic Talent and Literary Management.
6 ft 5 in or 196 cm
99 kg or 218 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Derek Theler has dated –
- Meredith Giangrande (2010-2012) – Derek Theler started going out with actress Meredith Giangrande in 2010. They went out for about two years before deciding to break up by the end of 2012.
- Chelsea Kane (2013) – Theler started going out with actress Chelsea Kane in February 2013 after having grown close together during the shooting of the Baby Daddy series. However, they didn’t date beyond a couple of dates and broke up about a month later in April.
- Christina Ochoa (2014-2016) – Derek then met Spanish actress Christina Ochoa at the comic con event in 2014 and started dating soon after that. Regarding relationship, they were pretty vocal and even shot their own version of the Discovery’s Naked and Afraid series and posted their naked pictures from it on their Instagram. Christina indicated the end of their relationship by deleting all their couple pictures from her Instagram.
- Lisa Marie Summerscales (2016-Present) – In May 2016, Derek Theler started going out with actress Lisa Marie Summerscales. They made their relationship public with a couple of Instagram pictures including a picture taken on the eve of Halloween weekend.
Race / Ethnicity
His body specifications may be –
- Chest – 46 in or 117 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 16.5 in or 42 cm
- Waist – 35 in or 89 cm
Theler starred in TV commercials / endorsed
- Coke Zero
- Arby’s (Fast-food sandwich restaurant)
- State Farm
His religious views are not known.
Best Known For
Being cast in the role of Danny Wheeler in ABC Family and Freeform’s comedy, Baby Daddy.
In 2009, Derek Theler first appeared in short film G Love in the role of Cliff.
First TV Show
Derek made his TV show debut with a guest appearance in MTV reality show The Hills in 2007.
Derek Theler has one of the finest physiques in the TV industry and to keep it in the best shape, he likes to exercise for about 5 days a week. He prefers to perform bodyweight exercises with a focus on high intensity and when the weather permits, he likes to do all the bodyweight exercises outdoors. However, as his body testifies, he isn’t averse to pounding iron in the gym.
Derek also loves outdoors and goes for hiking whenever his schedule allows. Due to his diabetic condition, he has been eating healthy and clean since his early teens.
Derek Theler Favorite Things
- Drink – Fat Tire Beer, Maker’s on the rocks
- TV Guilty Pleasure – Dual Survival, Man vs. Wild, Naked and Afraid
- Food – Burrito
- Comedy Movies – Dumb and Dumber (1994), Trainwreck (2015), Grandma’s Boy (2006), Super Troopers (2001)
- Cuss Words – Rats
Source – Buzzfeed
Derek Theler Facts
- After completing his studies at the Colorado State University, he wanted to work in the medical field. But after taking a trip to Los Angeles, he decided to give acting a try.
- He is a self-confessed nerd and is very much into the cosplay. His Instagram feed is littered with pictures of him trying out to be various comic heroes.
- One of his first jobs in Los Angeles was to work as an extra (as one of the soldiers) in Rihanna’s Hard.
- He is a big fan of hiking and in December 2015, he went on a month-long backpacking tour of jungles in Peru.
- Theler went for the auditions for the lead role in the Captain America: The First Avenger (2011). However, he lost out to Chris Evans.
- Visit his official website @ derektheler.com.
- Follow Derek Theler on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.