|JD McCrary Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||July 18, 2007|
JD McCrary is an American singer, dancer, actor, and voiceover artist who is known for playing Kenny Payne in the television sitcom The Paynes, Young Ernie Cooper in the Disney Channel comedy series K.C. Undercover, Young Michael Jackson in the musical drama series American Soul, and Isaac in the fantasy comedy film Little. He has also garnered popularity by providing vocals to the character of Young Simba in The Lion King. In addition to acting, JD McCrary has branched out as a musician as well and has released extended plays and songs like Inviting All of You, Shine, Where Do I Belong, Closer to Christmas, My Name, and Keep in Touch.
Granada Hills, Los Angeles, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
JD McCrary attended Mayall Academy of Arts and Technology Magnet in Los Angeles, California.
Singer, Dancer, Actor, Voiceover Artist
- Father – James West
- Mother – Larisa McCrary
- Siblings – Josh McCrary (Older Brother) (Actor, Voiceover Artist)
- Others – Larry James Houston (Maternal Grandfather), Felecia Anita Ivezzy (Maternal Grandmother)
JD McCrary has been signed with The Green Room, Talent Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
JD McCrary is of African-American and Liberian descent.
- Lean frame
- Multi-talented personality
Through social media, JD McCrary has either endorse or promoted several brands including Umbro, The House of LR&C, PUMA, SPRAYGROUND, etc.
JD McCrary Facts
- He was 2 years old when he discovered his singing voice.
- In 2018, JD McCrary started playing Kenny Payne, Nyla’s son and Lynn’s brother, in the Oprah Winfrey Network sitcom named The Paynes. He co-starred in the show alongside the likes of LaVan Davis, Cassi Davis, and others.
- He made his first theatrical film appearance as Isaac in the 2019 fantasy comedy film, Little, which stars Regina Hall, Issa Rae, and Marsai Martin.
- On April 19, 2019, JD McCrary released his first EP titled Shine via Hollywood Records.
- As a voiceover artist, he made his theatrical film debut by voicing the character of Young Simba in The Lion King in 2019. The film is a photorealistic computer-animated remake of Disney’s traditionally animated 1994 film of the same name.
- He has credited Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder, Bruno Mars, Justin Bieber, and Chris Brown as some of his influences.
- JD McCrary’s song Keep In Touch was featured in the dancing video game Just Dance 2020.
Featured Image by JD McCrary / Instagram