|LaVan Davis Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||September 21, 1966|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
LaVan Davis is an American singer, comedian, and actor who is best known for playing the role of Curtis Payne in both House of Payne as well as The Paynes. Apart from that, he has also been cast in a couple of other acting projects such as Meet the Browns, Why Did I Get Married?, Beach Demons, Everybody Hates Chris, and Puff, Puff, Pass.
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Actor, Comedian, Singer
LaVan Davis is represented by Amsel, Eisenstadt & Frazier & Hinojosa Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
90 kg or 198.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Cheeky smile
- Deep-set eyes
LaVan Davis Facts
- He made his first film appearance as Leroy in the 2004 science fiction-thriller feature film, Mindbenders.
- LaVan Davis has also been cast in a few episodes of the period sitcom television series, Everybody Hates Chris, as Minister/Preacher.
- In the year 2006, he co-starred as Otis Jenkins in the comedy crime film, Puff, Puff, Pass, alongside the likes of Danny Masterson, Mekhi Phifer, Ronnie Warner, Terry Crews, John C. McGinley, Jonathan Banks, and David Faustino.
- He worked with artists like Gabrielle Union, Idris Elba, Louis Gossett Jr., and Tracee Ellis Ross in the 2007 romantic comedy-drama film, Daddy’s Little Girls.
- Between 2007 and 2012, LaVan Davis portrayed the character of Curtis Booker T. Payne, the show’s main protagonist, in the family comedy-drama sitcom, Tyler Perry‘s House of Payne, in which he co-starred with actors Allen Payne, Cassi Davis, Lance Gross, Larramie “Doc” Shaw, China Anne McClain, Denise Burse, Demetria McKinney, Keshia Knight Pulliam, and Palmer Williams Jr.
- As a singer, LaVan Davis has performed songs in a couple of shows and movies like “Silly Game Blues” in Daddy’s Little Girls, “Black Dynamite Theme Song”, “Jimmy’s Gone”, and “Cleaning Up the Streets” in Black Dynamite, and “Everything Is You” in Three Can Play That Game.
Featured Image by LaVan Davis / Instagram