|John Bishop Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||November 30, 1966|
John Bishop is a British comedian, presenter, actor, and former footballer. He played for Hyde FC and Southport FC and in 2007, he made his television debut on the talk show named The Panel. Over the years, he has been a part of several projects including A Night in With Olly Murs, Skins, Michael McIntyre’s Comedy Roadshow, Who Do You Think You Are?, Accused, Funny Cow, The Great Celebrity Bake Off For Stand Up to Cancer, Route Irish, The John Bishop Show, Fearless, Panto!, One Rogue Reporter, and Little Crackers.
John Joseph Bishop
Liverpool, Merseyside, England, United Kingdom
John Bishop studied at Murdishaw West Primary School and Brookvale Academy. He also attended Newcastle Polytechnic for a short duration and studied English.
Later, he received a BA degree in Social Science from Manchester Polytechnic.
Comedian, Presenter, Actor, Former Footballer
- Father – Edward Bishop (Laborer)
- Mother – Kathleen (née Hackett) (Homemaker)
- Siblings – Kathy Bishop (Older Sister), Carol Bishop (Older Sister), Eddie Bishop (Older Brother) (Former Professional Footballer)
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth had been $19 Million.
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
John Bishop has dated –
- Melanie Bishop (1993-Present) – In the year 1993, he got married to Melanie Bishop and they have 3 sons – Joseph Michael Cornall Bishop (b. August 1994), Luke Cornall Bishop (b. February 1996), and Daniel Cornall Bishop (b. October 1998). They lived at Whatcroft Hall in Northwich, Cheshire, a Grade II listed Georgian mansion with 28 acres (11 ha) of land until 2019. In April 2019, John sold the house for £6.2 million to the HS2 rail project, despite his vocal criticisms of that project.
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
- Aggressive style of play
- Distinctive North England accent
- Often jokes about his family
John Bishop Facts
- He spent his childhood years primarily growing up in the Cheshire towns of Winsford and Runcorn.
- John Bishop used to work as a medical representative for the pharmaceutical company Syntex. He quit that job in 2006 to pursue a career in comedy.
- He once also worked briefly as a door-to-door salesman for Kirby vacuum cleaners.
- Since 1985, John Bishop has been a vegetarian. PETA declared him to be one of the “S*xiest Vegetarians” of the year in 2013.
- From 2009 to 2010, he played the role of Rob Fitch in the teen comedy-drama television series Skins.
- He made his theatrical film debut as Frankie in the 2010 drama-thriller film Route Irish.
- In September 2016, John Bishop was ranked at number #10 on Forbes‘ “Top 10 Highest Paid Comedians List” where he had earned £5.4 million a year, making him the UK’s highest-earning comedian.
- He enjoys playing football and is a huge fan of Liverpool F.C. Additionally, owing to his Irish heritage through his great grandparents, he also supports Celtic FC.
- John Bishop revealed on December 30, 2020, that he had tested positive for COVID-19 after receiving a positive test result on Christmas Day. His wife, Melanie, also tested positive for the virus.
- On July 21, 2021, Bishop crashed his Land Rover Discovery off the road in West Wales while on his way to catch a ferry to Ireland from Pembrokeshire. He was unhurt.
Featured Image by John Bishop / Instagram