|Olly Murs Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||May 14, 1984|
Olly Murs is an English singer, songwriter, dancer, television presenter, voice actor, and director who rose to acclaim after having been placed 2nd in the 6th series of The X Factor in 2009. Since then, he has released albums, extended plays, and songs like In Case You Didn’t Know, Olly Murs, Dance with Me Tonight, Right Place Right Time, Never Been Better, You Know I Know, Years & Years, Please Don’t Let Me Go, Heart Skips a Beat (ft. Rizzle Kicks), Troublemaker (ft. Flo Rida), Hand on Heart, You Don’t Know Love, Grow Up, Up (ft. Demi Lovato), and 24 Hrs.
Oliver Stanley Murs
Witham, England, United Kingdom
Toot Hill, Essex, England, United Kingdom
Murs attended Howbridge Junior School in Witham and Notley High School in Braintree, Essex
Singer, Songwriter, TV Presenter, Dancer, Voice Actor, Director
- Father – Peter Murs
- Mother – Vicki-Lynn (Pollard)
- Siblings – Ben Murs (Younger Twin Brother), Fay Murs (Sister)
- Others – Edward Murs (Paternal Grandfather), Maureen E. Shelley (Paternal Grandmother)
Olly has been managed by –
- Modest! Management, Talent Management Company, London, England, United Kingdom
- MBC PR, Public Relations Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
Pop, R&B, Rock
Vocals, piano, guitar
Epic, Syco, Columbia Records
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth had been $6 Million.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
72 kg or 159 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Olly has dated –
- Caroline Flack – He was romantically involved with television and radio presenter Caroline Flack in the past.
- Melanie Sykes – Olly once had an affair with television and radio presenter and model Melanie Sykes.
- Francesca Thomas (2013) – In 2013, DailyMail reported that Olly was secretly dating Francesca Thomas, an aspiring model and a commercial property manager.
- Zara McDermott (2019) – He was also rumored of having a fling with Love Island star, Zara McDermott in 2019.
- Amelia Tank (2019-Present) – In 2019, Olly started dating bodybuilder Amelia Tank. Their first date was at the gym in 2019. In 2021, he expressed his desire to get married to her and start his family.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Latvian ancestry on his father’s side. He also has English roots.
- Played football semi-professionally for Witham Town
- Is of Latvian descent
In early 2013, Olly was announced as the Football Association brand ambassador to celebrate its 150th anniversary.
Alongside Alexandra Burke, Olly also appeared in a TV commercial for the NintendoDS gaming console in the UK.
In March 2012, he became the face of the European clothing store NewYorker. Later in the year, he again modeled for Robbie Williams‘ clothing label Farrell.
Olly has a celebrity crush on English singer and dancer Cheryl Cole.
Best Known For
Finishing second in the sixth season of The X Factor in 2009.
Murs released his first album, which is self-titled, Olly Murs on November 26, 2010, in the UK. The pop album was released under Syco and Epic Record label. He was able to sell 807,049 copies in the just UK and received the status of 2x Platinum in Britain and also charted at number 2 in the UK.
“Please Don’t Let Me Go” is the lead single from his 47 minutes long album.
He does work out with personal trainer Nathan Dony. He likes running a lot and suggests going for 30 minutes a day. He though does not like other exercises like Pilates classes, which he thinks is rubbish. According to Olly, he prefers running as it is an all-body workout and improves stamina.
Apart from cardio like running, he does sit-ups, press-ups, burpees, sprints, etc.
On December 29, 2015, he posted a video of himself on Instagram doing the workout (functional training).
Olly Murs Favorite Things
- Food – Carrots
- Color – Blue
- Clothing Brand – Fred Perry
Source – WattPad.com
Olly Murs Facts
- He is good friends with Caroline Flack (his X Factor co-host), Michael Buble, Niall Horan, Rizzle Kicks (the group), and Robbie Williams.
- Olly had a quarrel with his twin brother as he missed his brother’s wedding due to rehearsals for The X Factor.
- While in school, he used to play football and was a striker of his team. He played semi-professionally for Witham Town. But, after an injury, Olly’s football career ended.
- He is an avid fan of Manchester United.
- He auditioned for The X Factor twice before finally auditioning in 2009 (that is when he came second).
- He has a birthmark at an unusual place.
- Murs has also worked at a call center before he becoming a famous singer.
- He does not know swimming.
- In 2003, Olly went to Justin Timberlake’s Justified Tour and this was his first tour ever. But, Michael Jackson is his role model.
- Olly has compared himself to Chris Brown, Justin Timberlake, and Ne-Yo.
- On November 9, 2018, he released his 6th studio album titled You Know I Know through RCA and Sony. It was certified ‘Gold’ by the British Phonographic Industry (BPI) in mid-December 2018.
- In 2019, he provided vocals to the character of Spike the Cornish Doberman in an episode titled A Summer to Remember of the British-Canadian animated television series 101 Dalmatian Street.