Oliver Stanley Murs
Witham, England, United Kingdom
Murs attended Howbridge Junior School in Witham and Notley High School in Braintree, Essex
Singer, songwriter, TV presenter
- Father – Peter Murs
- Mother – Vicki-Lynn (Pollard)
- Siblings – Ben Murs (Younger Twin Brother), Fay Murs (Sister)
Olly’s portfolio is managed by Modest Management.
Pop, R&B, Rock
Vocals, piano, guitar
Epic, Syco, Columbia Records
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
72 kg or 159 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Olly, who is regarded as permanently single revealed that he has dated several ladies. Olly has not been linked to a high-profile girl and it seems he likes to keep his relationships private.
DailyMail reported that Olly has been secretly dating Francesca Thomas, an aspiring model, and a commercial property manager.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Latvian ancestry on his father’s side.
- Played football semi-professionally for Witham Town
- Is of Latvian descent
Olly has not revealed about his shoe size. But, as per his fans, it is 10.
In early 2013, Olly was announced as the Football Association brand ambassador to celebrate their 150th anniversary.
Alongside Alexandra Burke, Olly also appeared in a TV commercial for NintendoDS gaming console in UK.
In March 2012, he became the face of European clothing store NewYorker. Later in the year, he again modeled for Robbie Williams‘ clothing label Farrell.
Olly has a celebrity crush on English singer and dancer Cheryl Cole.
Best Known For
Finishing second in the sixth season of The X Factor in 2009.
Murs released his first album, self-titled, that is Olly Murs on November 26, 2010 in UK. The pop album was released under Syco and Epic Record label. He was able to sell 807,049 copies in just UK and received the status of 2x Platinum in Britain and also charted at number 2 in the UK.
“Please Don’t Let Me Go” is the lead single from his 47 minutes long album.
He does workout with personal trainer Nathan Dony. He likes running a lot and suggest for going for 30 minutes a day. He though does not like other exercises like Pilates classes, which he thinks is rubbish. According to Olly, he prefers running as it is an all body workout and improves stamina.
Apart from cardio like running, he does sit-ups, press-ups, burpees, sprints, etc.
On December 29, 2015, he posted a video of himself on Instagram doing workout (functional training).
Olly Murs Favorite Things
- Food – Carrots
- Color – Blue
- Clothing Brand – Fred Perry
Source – WattPad.com
Olly Murs Facts
- He is good friends with Caroline Flack (his X Factor co-host), Michael Buble, Niall Horan, Rizzle Kicks (the group), and Robbie Williams.
- Olly had a quarrel with his twin brother as he missed his brother’s wedding due to rehearsals for The X Factor.
- While in school, he used to play football and was a striker of his team. He played semi-professionally for Witham Town. But, after an injury, Olly’s football career ended.
- He is an avid fan of Manchester United.
- He auditioned for The X Factor twice before finally auditioning in 2009 (that is when he came second).
- He has a birthmark at an unusual place.
- Murs has also worked at a call center before he becoming a famous singer.
- He does not know swimming.
- In 2003, Olly went to Justin Timberlake’s Justified Tour and this was his first tour ever. But, Michael Jackson is his role model.
- Olly has compared himself to Chris Brown, Justin Timberlake, and Ne-Yo.