Melanie Ann Sykes
Ashton-under-Lyne, Lancashire, England
Melanie attended Mossley Hollins High School in Mossley, Tameside, Greater Manchester. Post that, she went to Ashton Sixth Form College to study A-level Religious Studies.
TV presenter, model
- Mother – Wendy
- Siblings – Samantha (Older Sister), Stacy (Younger Sister)
Her dad is Anglo-Burmese, while her mother is Anglo-Indian.
Samantha is one year older, while Stacy is three years younger than Melanie.
Sykes is associated with –
- Debi Allen Associates
- Roar Global
- Rabbit Vocal Management
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
57 kg or 126 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Melanie Sykes dated –
- Matt Goss (1992-1997) – From 1992 to 1997, singer Matt Goss and Melanie Sykes were romantically linked to each other.
- Jamie Theakston (1998) – In 1998, she had a fling with radio personality, Jamie Theakston.
- Max Beesley (1999) – American actor, Max Beesley and Melanie dated for a couple of months in 1999.
- Chris Evans (Presenter) (2000) – In 2000, Sykes had an encounter with Disc Jockey, presenter, radio, and TV producer Chris Evans (not to be confused with Chris Evans, who is famous as Captain America).
- Mick Hucknall (2000) – Again in 2000, she had a fling with another singer Mick Hucknall.
- Daniel Caltagirone (2000-2008) – In April 2000, Mel and Italian actor Daniel Caltagirone started dating each other. After dating for a couple of months, the duo married in January 2001. The couple has two children – Roman (born – 2002) and Valentino Luca (born – July 21, 2004). The couple divorced in June 2009 but had split back in July 2008.
- Jack Cockings (2010-2013) – Toyboy Jack Cockings and Melanie met in 2012 over Twitter. The couple started dating in August 2012 and on May 18, 2013, the couple married at Sherborne Castle in Dorset. Due to an assault, Mel was arrested by police in November 2013. She then filed for divorce and the duo separated in December 2013.
Race / Ethnicity
Her ancestry is Anglo-Burmese on the father’s side and Anglo-Indian on the mother’s side.
Asian looks due to mixed ethnicity
37-26-35 in or 94-66-89 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
She has appeared in lot many commercials such as Boddington’s beer (1997), Head & Shoulders (2004-2006), Matalan stores (2006), BrightHouse (voiceover) (2006), Morrisons supermarkets (2008-2010), Churchill Insurance Services “Paris” (2009), Take a Break magazine (2011-2013), Berlei lingerie and others.
In 2013, she was announced as the brand ambassador for Bio-Synergy Active Woman Range.
Best Known For
Co-hosting Today with Des and Mel (now defunct) with Des O’Connor from 2002 to 2006.
She is also known for co-hosting ITV’s Let’s Do Lunch with Gino & Mel with Gino D’Acampo since 2011.
In 2000, Melanie appeared in a 6 minutes short film Justified Technophobe for her role as Eve.
First TV Show
From 1997 to 2001, Melanie was the co-presenter of the comedy game show The Big Breakfast.
Melanie does exercises three to five times in a week in the gym. Sykes does core stability exercises, weight training and boxing. She also says that her sex life has also improved by 100 per cent by remaining fit.
Melanie also takes supplements like fish oil capsules (to sharpen her brain), vitamin B12 and probiotic for energy and good health.
Melanie Sykes Favorite Things
- Food – Pork Scratchings
- Book – The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
- Film – Kes (1969)
- Song – Live Forever (By Oasis)
- Spiritual Home – Dorset
Source – DailyMail.co.uk, Express.co.uk
Melanie Sykes Facts
- She had a boob job in 2010 and she considers this as the best thing, she has ever done.
- She is afraid of heights.
- She was called Paki (meaning from Pakistan) at school due to her Asian roots and Indian mother.
- Along with her mom, dad and two sisters, she was a member of the Ashtonian Brass Band.
- Sykes was also offered a feature role in Die Another Day (2002), but she passed.
- Her hobby is to play baritone horn (brass instrument) and reading. She dreams of having a house full of books (or a library).