|Hua Chenyu Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||February 7, 1990|
Hua Chenyu is a Chinese singer, songwriter, composer, actor, and television personality who is known for being one of the most successful artists in the Chinese music industry. Also, he has frequently been acknowledged as one of the most influential singer-songwriters in China. Hua Chenyu’s discography has also achieved major success and some of his albums and tracks include Quasimodo’s gift, Aliens, While You are Still Young, and The Return of the Master.
Shiyan, Hubei, China
Hua Chenyu studied at Fine Arts High School located in Wuhan, Hubei. Later, in 2010, after passing the college entrance examination, he got enrolled at Wuhan Conservatory of Music which is a musical institution of higher learning located in Wuhan City and there he studied pop music vocal performance.
Afterward, he attended Berklee College of Music, a private music college located in Boston, Massachusetts, until March 2017.
Singer, Songwriter, Composer, Actor, Television Personality
- Father – Hua Fuxiong
Hua Chenyu is represented by EE-Media.
Vocals, Piano, Flute
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
66 kg or 145.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Hua Chenyu is of Chinese descent.
- Lean body
- Dramatic stage performances
- Pierced ears
- Often sports messy hair
He has served as the brand ambassador for Estee Lauder China.
Hua Chenyu Facts
- He was born to very well-off parents who later divorced when Hua Chenyu was only 2 years old.
- After his parents’ divorce, he lived with his father until he decided to move to Wuhan, Hubei alone after having completed middle school.
- At 6 years old, Hua Chenyu started playing the flute and when he was in 5th grade, he started his training to learn to play the piano.
- It was after becoming a skilled pianist that he composed his very-first song at the age of 12.
- Hua Chenyu was 10 years old when his father remarried.
- During his time at Wuhan Conservatory of Music, he was also a member of a college rock band named Conseer and served as its vocalist.
- While studying at Berklee College of Music, Hua Chenyu came to realize that the techniques taught there were more in-sync with English songs than the Chinese songs.
- On September 18, 2014, he released his debut album, Quasimodo’s Gift, which included tracks like Why Nobody Fights, Let You Go, Ashes From Fireworks, and Eternity. The album won the 2nd Oriental Billboard Award for “Best Album” and 15th Top Chinese Music Award for “Best Album (Mainland)” in 2015.
- Hua Chenyu released his 2nd album, Aliens, on December 18, 2015, and its songs like Kings and Paupers and Aliens topped the Billboard – China V Chart.
- In 2018, he was recognized as the “Musician of the Year” at Harper’s BAZAAR 2018 Men of the Year awards.
- He was placed at the 33rd spot on the Forbes China Celebrity 100 list issued in August 2019.
- Hua Chenyu has also appeared in a couple of films and shows such as I Am Here, Music Travel in the World, Flowers on Trip, Super Boy, Divas Hit The Road, and Who Am I.
Featured Image by 蔚伊不是卫衣oO_yu / yuyibushiweiyiooyu.lofter.com / CC BY 2.5