|Cassi Davis Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||July 30, 1964|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Cassi Davis is an American actress, singer, and voiceover artist who is best recognized for her performance as Ella Payne on Tyler Perry‘s House of Payne and The Paynes. In addition to that, she has also played a variety of other roles in shows and movies like The PJs, Married… with Children, Love Thy Neighbor, School Daze, Daddy’s Little Girls, Hamlet & Hutch, and Madea’s Neighbors from Hell.
Holly Springs, Marshall County, Mississippi, United States
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Cassi Davis got enrolled at Spelman College in Atlanta as a music major but left the college when she was just one credit short of graduation because she was not allowed to perform religious music during her senior recital. Eventually, she graduated from college in November 2008.
Actress, Singer, Voiceover Artist
- Others – John Wesley Davis (Paternal Grandfather), Eva Mae Loningham (Paternal Grandmother)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
90 kg or 198.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Cassi Davis is of African-American descent.
- Short hair
- Pierced ears
Cassi Davis Facts
- She made her first theatrical film appearance by playing the role of Paula/Girl in Window in the 1988 musical comedy-drama film, School Daze, which brings to light issues of colorism, elitism, classism, political activism, hazing, groupthink, female self-esteem, social mobility, and hair texture bias within the African-American community.
- As a voiceover artist, Cassi Davis made her TV show debut by providing vocals to the character of HUD Lady, the receptionist at HUD, in the stop-motion animated black sitcom, The PJs, from 1999 to 2001.
- In the year 2007, she started appearing as Ella Payne, wife of Curtis Payne who’s a Christian and a stay-at-home mother and the voice of reason, in the family comedy-drama television series, Tyler Perry’s House of Payne, in which Cassi Davis co-starred alongside Allen Payne, LaVan Davis, Lance Gross, Larramie “Doc” Shaw, China Anne McClain, Denise Burse, Demetria McKinney, Keshia Knight Pulliam, and Palmer Williams Jr.
- For her role in Tyler Perry’s House of Payne, she won the NAACP Image Award for “Outstanding Actress in a Comedy Series” twice in 2010 and 2013.
- In 2007, she brought to life the character of Rita, Jennifer’s aunt, in the romantic comedy-drama film, Daddy’s Little Girls, starring Gabrielle Union, Idris Elba, and Louis Gossett, Jr.
- Cassi Davis was cast as Jenice in the 2017 adventure drama film, Hamlet & Hutch.
- She has great faith in her religion and has described it as one of the main reasons behind her professional success.
- Cassi Davis was cast as Betty Ann “Aunt Bam” Murphy in 2019 comedy film, A Madea Family Funeral, and this role got her nominated for the 2020 Golden Raspberry Award in the “Worst Supporting Actress” category.
Featured Image by wbls1075nyc / YouTube / CC BY 3.0