Michael Anthony Trevino
Montebello, California, United States
To polish off his acting and stage performance skills, he got enrolled at the Playhouse West to pursue theater studies.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Is from Zacatecas, Mexico.
- Siblings – Unknown
Michael Trevino is represented by Greene & Associates Talent Agency.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Michael Trevino has dated –
- Jenna Ushkowitz (2011-2014) – Michael started dating Glee actress Jenna Ushkowitz in 2011. They made their first public appearance as a couple at the Screen Actors Guild Awards held in the same year. On the whole, they decided to keep their relationship away from the public glare, rarely confirming that they were in fact dating. In May 2014, at the premiere of the movie, The Normal Heart, she revealed that they weren’t dating any longer. Their separation was amicable and they remained on good terms.
- Nina Dobrev (2015) – After his breakup from Jenna, Michael was linked with his The Vampire Diaries co-star Nina Dobrev. The relationship RUMORs were sparked by Nina’s Instagram post, which featured Michael at the bowling alley.
- Alexandra Chando (2015) – According to tabloids, Trevino was dating actress Alexandra Chando in 2015. They were pictured picking groceries together in Los Angeles on the Labor Day’s eve, which sparked rumors of them being an item. However, it is not known that whether they are dating any longer.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Mexican ancestry on both of his parent’s side.
Michael’s body specification may be –
- Chest – 40 in or 102 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14 in or 35.5 cm
- Waist – 32 in or 81 cm
One of his first acting gigs after completion of theater studies was to appear in a TV commercial for the Old Navy.
In 2011, he also starred in a modeling photoshoot for the Bench Body Underwear (Filipino clothing brand).
Best Known For
Portraying the role of Tyler Lockwood in supernatural drama series, The Vampire Diaries.
In 2012, Michael made his first theatrical film appearance in a minor role as Tad in the crime thriller movie, The Factory.
First TV Show
In 2005, he made his TV show debut in the I Am the Walrus episode of drama series, Summerland.
While he was working in The Vampire Diaries, he had to be prepared throughout the season to take his shirt off. To prepare for this, in the best possible way, he was hitting the gym at least 5 times a week. His workout routine usually included strength training exercises, cardio sessions and core work.
When he had to take his shirt off for his role, he upped his workout intensity and started doing more cardio to get the shredded look. He complements his workout with an active lifestyle.
He follows a healthy and high protein diet. A couple of weeks before he has to show off his body, he starts watching his diet a bit more closely. In such circumstances, he snacks on apples, and bananas while shooting. He also makes sure that he is having protein shakes to help his body bear burden of added workout intensity.
Michael Trevino Favorite Things
- Hollywood Crushes – Kate Beckinsale and Salma Hayek
- Type of Music – Electro and house music
- Music Band – The Doors
- TV Shows – Top Chef and Chopped
- Superpower – Teleportation
- Comedy Movie – Nacho Libre (2006)
- Movies – The Godfather (1972), The Godfather II (1974), The Libertine (2004)
Source – Bullet Media, TV Fanatic
Michael Trevino Facts
- At The Vampire Diaries auditions, he had initially appeared for the role of Damon Salvatore. He then auditioned for the role of Stefan Salvatore before finally bagging the role of Tyler Lockwood.
- If he has to choose any other work apart from acting, he would go for directing.
- As a teenager, he suffered from anxiety and depression issues.
- In his free time, he loves to participate in different sports including football, snowboarding, and bodyboarding.
- Michael enjoys a host of water-based outdoor activities in his leisure time including surfing and deep sea fishing.
- He discovered his love for acting while he was studying in high school.
- Apart from English, he also has a decent grasp of the Spanish language.
- Michael is a big supporter of the charity Operation Smile, which is an international organization dedicated to children born with facial deformities.
- In March 2014, he collaborated with BECOMB and Levi Maestro to launch a wristwatch, Infinity Piece. The proceeds from the sales were donated to Operation Smile Charity.
- Follow him on Twitter.