|Karan Brar Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||January 18, 1999|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Karan Brar is an American actor, voiceover artist, and director who is known for his roles like Chirag Gupta in the Diary of a Wimpy Kid film franchise, Ravi Ross in the Disney Channel Original Series Jessie and its subsequent spin-off Bunk’d, George in the Disney Channel Original Movie Invisible Sister, Prince Zandar in the CGI animated series Sofia the First, and Prince Veer in the American-India CGI-animated mystery children’s series Mira, Royal Detective.
Redmond, Washington, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Karan was educated at Cedar Wood Elementary School in Bothell, Washington.
The skilled actor learned his acting skills from John Robert Powers and Patti Kalles workshops.
Actor, Voiceover Artist, Director
- Father – Harinder Brar
- Mother – Jasbinder Brar
- Siblings – Sabreena Brar (Older Sister)
He has been signed to –
- Paradigm Talent Agency
- Osbrink Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Burbank, California, United States
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He had not dated anyone publicly until late 2017. At that time, he stated that as he himself is a humorous guy, he wanted a girl, who would love to listen to his jokes and would, in turn, make him laugh as well.
Karan has dated –
- Sophie Reynolds (2016-2020) – He was romantically involved with actress Sophie Reynolds between 2016 and 2020. He had also moved in with Cameron Boyce and Sophie Reynolds in May 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Punjabi Indian ancestry from both of his parents’ sides.
In November 2023, Karan came out as bisexual.
- Witty nature
- Thick eyebrows
He has appeared in commercials on Shell Gasoline, Committee for Children, etc.
In April 2010, when Dalai Lama had to visit Seattle, he appeared in Seeds of Compassion ad.
He also teamed up with Rebtel to promote their plans of unlimited calling on social media in 2015.
Best Known For
Playing Chirag Gupta in the Wimpy Kid film series in 2010, 2011, and 2012.
He is also known for playing Ravi Ross in the Disney Channel’s sitcom Jessie, and its spin-off series Bunk’d.
In 2010, he appeared in the comedy film Diary of a Wimpy Kid for his role as Chirag Gupta. Later, he got to appear in more Diary of a Wimpy Kid films.
First TV Show
In 2011, he debuted with Disney Channel Original Series Jessie for his main role as Ravi Ross.
Well, it seems he does not do many workouts. But, he seems to go on hikes with his friends occasionally.
Karan Brar Favorite Things
- Food – Pizza
- TV Show – Gravity Falls
- Musicians – Andy Grammer, Twenty One Pilots, Calvin Harris
- Color – Green
- Green People – The Statue of Liberty, Oscar the Grouch, the Hulk
- Code – Morse Code
- Film – Finding Nemo (2003)
- Jessie Episode – Used Karma
- Book – Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
- School Subject – Algebra
- Day of the Week – Friday
- Cartoon – Lilo and Stitch
Source – KaranBrar.com, Twitter.com, Wikia.com, Scholastic
Karan Brar Facts
- Karan was born in Redmond (in Washington) but grew up in Bothell (in Washington).
- Brar is fluent in English, Hindi, and Punjabi.
- If he could ask one thing from a genie, it would be world peace. He wants people to focus on bigger problems, for which peace is necessary.
- He is the kind of person, who always laughs at the jokes of the other person, no matter how bad that joke/punch was.
- When he started with Jessie in 2011, he was terrified of wizards. But now, all okay.
- He voiced the character of Mason, one of Sherman’s friends, in Mr. Peabody & Sherman, a 2014 computer-animated science-fiction comedy film based on characters from the Peabody’s Improbable History segments of the animated television series The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends.
- He has a Chihuahua mix (dog) named, Levi.
- Karan likes to collect music, and comic books. In his free time, he does swimming, roller skating, figure skating, hiking, etc.
- He can speak in an American accent apart from an Indian accent.
- If Karan could be any superhero for a day, he would choose Superman because he would be able to do anything.
- He played the recurring role of Dipankar Gosh in the comedy-drama streaming television series, Youth & Consequences, in 2018.
- Brar can flawlessly switch between two Englishes, the American accent and the Indian accent (his natural).
- He had a crush on Kylie Nicholson and made a special song for her called “Kylie Nicholson, be my girl” to impress her.
- He is the first Indian to have a regular role in Disney’s series. Before him, all Indians (of course on Disney) had just guest appearances.
- He has also appeared in vlogger Lilly Singh‘s video. Lilly Singh is also of Indian descent.
- You can check out his sitcom Jessie’s dressing room, where he used to relax in between the shoots.
- In 2020, he started providing vocals to the character of Prince Veer, a friend of Mira and the aspiring King of Jalpur, in Mira, Royal Detective, a series inspired by Indian culture and customs.
- In memory of his friend Cameron Boyce, he has a tattoo on his bicep which he got in January 2020. The tattoo is an outline of a picture of the two of them, framed like a Polaroid and with a sentence below it “Your partner in crime. Cam”.
- He appeared as Deli Mike Mundi, Hubie’s co-worker who often torments Hubie, in the 2020 mystery comedy-horror film, Hubie Halloween, in which he co-starred alongside Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Julie Bowen, Ray Liotta, Rob Schneider, Shaquille O’Neal, Tim Meadows, China Anne McClain, Michael Chiklis, and others.
- In 2021, Karan directed episode #519 (season 5, episode #19) of the show Bunk’d.
- In the past, Karan struggled with depression and was diagnosed with PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) and Major Depressive Disorder. He later admitted himself to a treatment facility for depression, anxiety, and suicidal thoughts.