|Julie Bowen Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||March 3, 1970|
Julie Bowen Luetkemeyer
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
The actress completed her initial years of education at Calvert School in Baltimore, then Garrison Forest School in Maryland, and also at Roland Park Country School.
Later on, she moved to St. George’s School, Rhode Island and then attended Brown University. Despite being a thespian at heart, Julie Bowen majored in Italian Renaissance studies at Brown, thereby adding a BA in her kitty.
- Father – John Alexander Luetkemeyer, Jr., (Commercial Real Estate Developer)
- Mother – Suzanne Frey
- Siblings – Molly Luetkemeyer (Older Sister) (Interior Designer in Los Angeles), Annie Luetkemeyer (Younger Sister) (Doctor in San Francisco)
- Others – John V. Le Moyne (Paternal Great-Great-Grandfather) (Former U.S. Representative from Illinois), Magnus Miller Murray (Great-Great-Great-Grandfather) (Former Mayor of Pittsburgh)
The actress is repped by these agencies –
- ICM Partners
- Kay Liberman and Lenore Zerman from Liberman-Zerman Management
- APA (Only for Endorsements)
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
52 kg or 115 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Julie Bowen has dated –
- David Spade (2002-2003) – Actors Julie and David dated each other for a very short span, starting from September 2002 and concluding the relationship in 2003. The duration of their alliance was rather short hence not much can be said about the former couple.
- Scott Phillips (2004-2018) – The actress started dating and got married to Scott Phillips, a real estate investor and a software developer on September 9, 2004. The couple has 3 sons, Oliver McLanahan Phillips (b. April 10, 2007), and twins Gustav and John (b. May 8, 2009). Julie applied for divorce from Scott in February 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of German, as well as Scottish, Irish, Welsh, English, and French descent.
- Bony chest
- Sinewy arms
34-26-34 in or 86-66-86 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
6.5 (US) or 37 (EU) or 4 (UK)
She has been seen advertising pure glow products and has done TV commercials for
- Officeteam.com (January 2001)
- Neutrogena (2002)
- Bridgestone DriveGuard Tires alongside Danielle Weeks (2014).
She has done a voiceover for Olive Garden Parmesan Crusted Stuffed Chicken.
She has been seen in print ads for –
- Neutrogena Healthy Skin liquid makeup in the early 2000s.
- Mylan for Anaphylaxis101.com, an awareness website about allergic reactions in 2014.
Best Known For
Her appearances in the TV series Ed from 2000 to 2004, Lost from 2005 to 2007, and Boston Legal from 2005 to 2008, Modern Family.
Julie made her initial offstage presence in an independent film Five Spot Jewel (1992).
First TV Show
Bowen had a role in the ABC soap opera Loving in the year 1992.
Bowen is known to be a fitness freak herself. She believes in running as the best activity for staying fit. Her fitness regime is more of a mental activity than a physical one. In one of her interviews, she even shared that at times, she would wake up as early as 4 am so as to ensure that her running routine isn’t disturbed.
In her initial days, Julie was heavily into Yoga but after giving birth to her children and with busy schedules, she took up running as another option for staying fit and healthy.
After the birth of her children, she used the opportunity of carrying her kids in her arms as the best way of building strong biceps. Further, staying positive and eating clean are the extra important bits of her fitness routine.
Julie Bowen Favorite Things
- Food – Zucchini, Chicken Marbella, green apples & cheese
- Color – Purple
Julie Bowen Facts
- Julie is an early riser, as claimed in many of her interviews.
- Despite being an actress, Julie favors the idea of not having TV in the bedroom.
- Julie is an avid reader, at times, ends up sleeping with her kindle.
- The modern family actress is known to be fluent in Italian.
- Julie Bowen has a pacemaker. In her early 20s, Bowen was diagnosed with a medical condition called hypervagotonia which leads to a drop in the regular pace of heartbeats, hence she was required to have a pacemaker.
- While filming a labor scene for Boston Legal, the actress actually went into Labour pain with her son Oliver.
Featured Image by Dominick D / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0