|Michael Chiklis Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||August 30, 1963|
Michael Chiklis is an American actor, director, and producer who is best known for his portrayal of characters such as Tony Scali in the comedy-drama TV series The Commish (1991–1996), Detective Vic Mackey in the crime drama TV series The Shield (2002–2008), Vincent Savino in the period drama TV series Vegas (2012-2013), Captain Nathaniel Barnes in the crime drama TV series Gotham (2015–2017), and Ben Clemens in the crime drama TV series Coyote (2021). He is also well recognized for his work in films such as Fantastic Four (2005), Eagle Eye (2008), When the Game Stands Tall (2014), and 10 Minutes Gone (2019).
Michael Charles Chiklis
Lowell, Middlesex County, Massachusetts, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Michael had attended the Andover High School in Andover, Massachusetts. After his high school graduation, he had joined the Boston University College of Fine Arts. He had graduated from there with a Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) degree.
Actor, Director, Producer
- Father – Charlie Chiklis (Hair Salon Owner)
- Mother – Katherine Chiklis (née Vousboukis) (Hospital Administrative Aide)
- Siblings – Peter Chiklis (Brother)
- Others – Peter Charles Chiklis (Paternal Grandfather), Nellie Sarakos (Paternal Grandmother), Panagiotis Michael Vousboukis (Maternal Grandfather), Rita Lillian Moran (Maternal Grandmother)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Michael has dated –
- Michelle Morán (1991-Present) – Michael had started dating actress Michelle Morán in 1991 and they got married on June 21, 1992. They have 2 daughters together named Autumn Chiklis (b. October 9, 1993) (Actress) and Odessa Chiklis (b. 1999) (Actress).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Greek descent on his father’s side and Greek, Irish, and English descent on his mother’s side.
- Stocky frame
- Clean-shaven look
- Affable smile
- Round-ish face
Michael Chiklis Facts
- Born in Lowell, Massachusetts, Michael had spent the majority of his childhood in Andover, Massachusetts, where he had completed his schooling. He was a master of imitations from the age of just 5 and would entertain friends and family through his mastery of celebrity impressions.
- At Andover High School, when he was in the 9th grade, he had played the character of Hawkeye Pierce in the school’s production of the iconic semi-autobiographical fiction M*A*S*H (Mobile Army Surgical Hospital). By the age of 13, he had appeared in numerous regional theater productions and had become a member of the Actors’ Equity Association, an American labor union representing the world of live theatrical performance.
- For his portrayal of Vic Mackey in the TV series The Shield, he won the ‘Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series’ award at the 2002 Primetime Emmy Awards, the ‘Individual Achievement in Drama’ award at the 2002 Television Critics Association Awards, and the ‘Best Actor – Television Series Drama’ award at both the 2003 Golden Globe Awards and the 2004 Satellite Awards.
- He is an ardent supporter of the Boston-based professional sports teams – the Boston Red Sox (baseball), the Boston Bruins (ice hockey), and the New England Patriots (American football).
- Besides acting, he is also an accomplished musician and can play drums, guitar, and bass. He has been a member of several bands such as The Surgeon General, Best Kept Secret, and Double Talk.
Featured Image by Michael Chiklis / Instagram