|Jon Turteltaub Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||August 8, 1963|
Jon Turteltaub is a successful American film director and producer. He is known for directing notable films like Think Big, Driving Me Crazy, 3 Ninjas, Cool Runnings, While You Were Sleeping, Phenomenon, Instinct, The Kid, National Treasure, National Treasure: Book of Secrets, The Sorcerer’s Apprentice, Last Vegas, and The Meg. Also, he has produced TV series like Jericho, Harper’s Island, and Common Law. Jon attended the Wesleyan University in Middletown, Connecticut and USC School of Cinematic Arts in Los Angeles, California.
Jonathan Charles Turteltaub
New York City, New York, United States
Malibu, California, United States
Jon Turteltaub studied at the Beverly Hills High School. He also attended the Wesleyan University in Middletown, Connecticut and graduated in 1985. Later, he joined the USC School of Cinematic Arts in Los Angeles, California.
Film Director, Film Producer
- Father – Saul Turteltaub (Comedy Writer)
- Mother – Shirley Steinberg
- Siblings – He has another sibling.
- Others – Kathy Eldon (Mother-In-Law) (Film Producer), Mike Eldon (Father-In-Law), Dan Eldon (Brother-In-Law) (Was a photojournalist who was stoned to death alongside numerous other journalists in Somalia in 1993), Fritzi Burr (Uncle), Aaron Heyman (Uncle)
Jon Turteltaub is managed by William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
85 kg or 187.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jon Turteltaub has dated –
- Amy Eldon – Jon was in a relationship with British television writer and producer Amy Eldon for a while. The couple tied the knot on July 6, 2006. They are blessed with 3 children – sons Jack Turteltaub and Daniel Turteltaub, and daughter Arabella Rose Turteltaub.
Race / Ethnicity
However, his hair has turned ‘salt and pepper’ due to his advancing age.
- Sharp Nose
- Tall height
Best Known For
Directing numerous notable films including 3 Ninjas (1992), Cool Runnings (1993), While You Were Sleeping (1995), Phenomenon (1996), Instinct (1999), The Kid (2000), National Treasure (2004) and its sequel, The Sorcerer’s Apprentice (2010), and The Meg (2018)
First TV Show
In 1995, he made his first TV show appearance on the documentary series Biography.
Jon Turteltaub Favorite Things
- Place For Meal – Taco Bell
- Horror Film As A Kid – War of the Gargantuas (1966)
Source – TheMusicSolution.Songtradr.com, Slash Film
Jon Turteltaub Facts
- He is regarded as one of the 6 graduates from Wesleyan University that have successfully made it as a film director in Hollywood alongside Miguel Arteta, Michael Bay, Ruben Fleischer, Joss Whedon, and Benh Zeitlin.
- At the Beverly Hills High School, he surpassed Nicolas Cage, who was his junior and won a role in the school play Our Town.
- As an executive producer, he has worked in many TV series including Jericho (2006-2008), Harper’s Island (2009), and Common Law (2012), while as a producer, he was involved in the making of films like National Treasure (2004), National Treasure: Book of Secrets (2007), and The Kid (2000).
- He is a member of the Creative Council for a nonpartisan anti-corruption organization called Represent.Us.
- He is not active on social media.
Featured Image by Al Arabiya English / YouTube