|Queen Anne-Marie of Greece Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||August 30, 1946|
|Spouse||Constantine II of Greece|
Queen Anne-Marie of Greece is the wife of the former King Constantine II of Greece who reigned from 1964 to 1973 until the abolition of the monarchy in 1973. She is also the youngest daughter of King Frederick IX of Denmark and his wife Ingrid of Sweden.
Princess Anne-Marie of Denmark
Queen Anne-Marie of Greece, Anne-Marie Dagmar Ingrid
Amalienborg Palace, Copenhagen, Denmark
She studied at N. Zahle’s School, Chatelard School for Girls, and Institut Le Mesnil.
Member of the Danish Royal Family, Former Queen of Denmark (From 1964 until 1973)
- Father – Frederick IX of Denmark (King of Denmark from 1947 to 1972)
- Mother – Ingrid of Sweden (Queen of Denmark from 1947 until 1972)
- Siblings – Margrethe II of Denmark (Older Sister) (Queen of Denmark, the supreme authority of the Church of Denmark, and the commander-in-chief of the Danish Defence), Princess Benedikte of Denmark (Older Sister) (Member of the Danish Royal Family)
- Others – Sofía de Grecia (Sister-In-Law), Juan Carlos de Borbón (Brother-In-Law), Prince Henrik (Brother-In-Law), Prince Richard (Brother-In-Law), Frederik, Crown Prince of Denmark (Nephew), Prince Joachim of Denmark (Nephew)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Queen Anne-Marie of Greece has dated –
- Constantine II of Greece (1959-Present) – She first met Constantine II of Greece in 1959 when she was 13 years old. Later, they got married on September 18, 1964, in the Metropolis, the Greek Orthodox Cathedral of Athens. For the wedding, she wore a Jørgen Bender design. The duo parents 5 children – Princess Alexia of Greece and Denmark (b. July 10, 1965), Pavlos, Crown Prince of Greece (b. May 20, 1967), Prince Nikolaos of Greece and Denmark (b. October 1, 1969), Princess Theodora of Greece and Denmark (b. June 9, 1983), and Prince Philippos of Greece and Denmark (b. April 26, 1986).
Race / Ethnicity
- Usually sports short hair
- Slender physique
She is a Greek Orthodox.
Queen Anne-Marie of Greece Facts
- On October 9, 1946, she was baptized in the Holmen Church in Copenhagen.
- Alongside her husband, she founded Hellenic College of London, a bilingual school, in 1980.
- Queen Anne-Marie of Greece’s former titles were “Her Royal Highness Princess Anne-Marie of Denmark” and “Her Majesty The Queen of the Hellenes, Princess of Denmark”. She also holds the title “Her Majesty Queen Anne-Marie of the Hellenes, Princess of Denmark”.
- She has been honored with honors like the Netherlands’ the “Wedding Medal of Princess Beatrix, Princess of Orange and Claus Van Amsberg” and Sweden’s “Commemorative Badge of the 50th Birthday Medal of King Carl XVI Gustaf”.
Featured Image by Allan Warren / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0