|Deepak Dobriyal Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||September 1, 1975|
Deepak Dobriyal is an Indian film and theatre actor who rose to fame after appearing opposite Kareena Kapoor in the movie Omkara (2006), his outstanding work fetching him the Filmfare Awards for “Special Performance” in 2007. He has starred in several other films including Tanu Weds Manu (2011), Dabangg 2 (2012), Tanu Weds Manu Returns (2015), Prem Ratan Dhan Payo (2015) and Hindi Medium (2017).
Pauri, Garhwal district, Uttarakhand, India
He attended Govt. Boys Senior Secondary School in Begumpur in the North West District of Delhi.
Film and Theatre Actor
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
62 kg or 136.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Lara Bhalla (2009-Present) – He tied the knot with the assistant director Lara Bhalla in 2009.
Race / Ethnicity
- Sharp nose
Deepak Dobriyal Favorite Things
- Film That Changed The Way People Looked At Him And Opened Up New Avenues For Him – Omkara
- Belief – In comedies, the emphasis should not be to make people laugh for the sake of it. Instead, there should always be a story along with strong characters and that would have the potential to create magic.
Deepak Dobriyal Facts
- His parents are from Kabra village that is located close to Rithakhal and Satpuli village in Pauri Garhwal in the state of Uttarakhand.
- His family shifted to Delhi when he was 5 years of age and settled down in Katwariya Saray.
- Dobriyal kickstarted his acting career in 1994 with the renowned theatre director Arvind Gaur and he appeared in various theatre productions including Tughlaq, Andha Yug, Final Solutions, Desire Under the Elms, Rakt Kalyan, Dario Fo’s Operation Three Star, The Caucasian Chalk Circle, The Good Person of Szechwan, Neil Simon’s The Good Doctor, and Ashok Lal’s Ek Mamooli Aadmi. He spent 6 years with Asmita theatre and after that, he joined Act One with director Pt. N. K. Sharma. He performed in several plays such as Aao Saathi Sapna Dekhen, Hamaar Baabuji Ki Chhatri, and Aksar Maine Socha Hai.
- He made his debut in Bollywood with the film Maqbool (2003).
- Dobriyal has stated that an actor has to keep rejecting repetitive work and he has to keep changing his shade and try to surprise the audience by being diverse. Standing by his belief, he had turned down a number of offers and he has eventually become a name to reckon with among character actors.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / BollywoodHungama.com / CC BY-SA 3.0