|Sima Taparia Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Sima Taparia is an Indian television personality whose popularity exploded massively after her controversial appearance on Netflix’s reality show, Indian Matchmaking (July 2020-Present). She has more than 100k followers on Instagram.
Gulbarga, Karnataka, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Sima completed her higher secondary education before getting married at the age of 19 years.
- Father – Ramesh Chandra Lahoti
- Others – Aditya Bagree (Son-in-law) (Husband of Ritu), Anaishaa Bagree (Granddaughter) (Daughter of Ritu), Usha Somany (Aunt)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sima Taparia has dated –
- Anup Taparia (1983-Present) – Sima is happily married to businessman Anup Taparia since May 24, 1983. She gave birth to 2 daughters named Ritu Taparia (b. 1986) and Mridu Taparia (b. 1993).
Race / Ethnicity
Sima Taparia Favorite Things
- Clients On Indian Matchmaking – Aparna Shewakramani, Vyasar Ganesan
Source – The Hindu
Sima Taparia Facts
- In 2021, her show Indian Matchmaking bagged a nomination in the ‘Outstanding Unstructured Reality Program’ category at the 73rd Emmy Awards. The other nominees included RuPaul‘s Drag Race: Untucked, Selling Sunset, Below Deck, and Disney’s Becoming.
- Sima operates a marriage consulting business called Suitable Rishta in Mumbai. She has also helped clients located overseas in the United States, Hong Kong, Singapore, South Africa, United Kingdom, etc.
- Several of her problematic one-liners on the show have been turned into hilarious memes. Undoubtedly, the most popular is “Ultimately my efforts are meaningless if the stars are not aligned”.
- Before her viral appearance on Indian Matchmaking, she featured in the award-winning documentary film, A Suitable Girl in 2017. One of the film’s storylines included the marriage of Sima’s daughter Ritu to Dubai-based consultant Aditya Bagree.
- She has been widely accused of promoting deep-rooted Indian issues like colorism, sexism, ageism, and casteism through the matchmaking process on her show.
Featured Image by Sima Taparia / Instagram