|Anderson Cooper Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||June 3, 1967|
Anderson Cooper is an American journalist, television star, and author, best known for his work as the anchor for CNN’s nightly news show Anderson Cooper 360° and also for being the correspondent for CBS News program 60 Minutes.
Anderson Hays Cooper
Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States
His primary residence has been the Rye House mansion in Litchfield, Connecticut, United States. He also owns a converted firehouse at 84 West 3rd Street, New York City, New York, and a tropical house in Trancoso, Bahia, Brazil.
He attended Dalton School in New York City, graduating a semester early. He later went to Yale University, where he lived in Trumbull College and got admitted to the Manuscript Society. Anderson graduated with political science in 1989.
Journalist, Author, Anchor
- Father – Wyatt Emory Cooper (Writer)
- Mother – Gloria Vanderbilt (Fashion Icon, Actress, Artist)
- Siblings – Carter Vanderbilt Cooper (Older Brother) (Died on July 22, 1988)
- Others – Leopold Stanislaus Stokowski (Older Half-Brother) (Landscape Gardener, Businessman), Christopher Stokowski (Younger Half-Brother), Reginald Claypoole Vanderbilt (Maternal Grandfather) (Millionaire Equestrian), Gloria Morgan Vanderbilt (Maternal Grandmother) (Socialite), James Vanderbilt (Second cousin) (Screenwriter)
Cooper is represented by –
- United Talent Agency (UTA) (Manager)
- Creative Artists Agency (CAA) (Booking Agent)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
- Cesar Recio (2004-2009)
- Benjamin Maisani (2009-2018)
NOTE – On April 30, 2020, Anderson announced the birth of his son, Wyatt Morgan (b. April 27, 2020) by a surrogate. It was also revealed that he and his ex-partner, Benjamin Maisani were planning to co-parent.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White and Hispanic)
He has English, 1/16th Chilean (including Spanish and Indigenous), as well as Dutch, Scots-Irish/Northern Irish, Welsh, and remote French Huguenot ancestry.
Dark Brown (Natural)
Due to advancing age, his hair has turned into ‘Gray’ color.
Anderson Cooper Favorite Things
- Food – Flavored popcorn, Water Ices
- People – His late brother Carter Cooper
- Refuge – His tropical home in Trancoso
- Everyday Ritual – Meditation
- Music Band – Scissor Sisters
- Animals – Dogs
Anderson Cooper Facts
- He is the son of Gloria Vanderbilt, well known for being the geat-great-granddaughter of the 19th-century railroad and steamship mogul, Commodore Cornelius Vanderbilt, who herself again built a multimillion fashion empire.
- His brother Carter committed suicide in 1988. The shock and pain of the incident scarred Anderson so deeply that he started missing him every single day.
- His father passed away at the age of 50, which affected 10-year-old Anderson so much that he changed from being outgoing and extroverted to a very introverted person. Thoughts of basic survival plagued him and he felt responsible for taking care of his mother and sibling.
- In the mid-1990s, Cooper landed a reporter’s job at ABC News where he attained the co-anchor position in 1999.
- His book Dispatches from the Edge: A Memoir of War, Disasters, and Survival was released in May 2006.
- He has a pet dog named Lily.
- For his outstanding work, Cooper has been honored with several awards multiple times such as the Emmy Award in 1997, 2006, and 2011.
- He made it to the People magazine’s list of “Sexiest Men Alive” in 2005.
- In May 2007, he was ranked number 2 among “The Most Powerful Gay Men and Women in America” by Out magazine.
- He is friends with talk show host Andy Cohen, actress Kelly Ripa, and Benjamin Maisani.
- In 2012, he publicly declared himself to be gay. In an email published online, Cooper mentioned he was proud of and happy about his sexual orientation and had decided to make the fact known to everybody, so no one would wonder whether he was uncomfortable about it or not.
- According to his mother’s Will, when she passed away in June 2019, she left almost all her property with Anderson and only her shares of a co-op at 30 Beekman Place in Manhattan for his half brother, Stokowski.
- Regarding inheritance, Cooper had commented that he did not believe in inheriting money as it would destroy one’s motivation and would be a curse.
- In November 2020, while talking about the President’s statements on Twitter while being on air on CNN, Anderson accidentally mentioned the famous social media platform, Twitter as ‘Clitter’.
- In April 2021, he started serving as the guest host of Jeopardy!
- In August 2021, Anderson listed his late mother Gloria Vanderbilt‘s New York city-based apartment for $1.125 million.
- In September 2021, during an appearance on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, Anderson revealed that his mother, Gloria Vanderbilt had initially offered to act as his surrogate when she was 85 years old.
- In September 2021, Anderson revealed that he would not leave an inheritance for his son, Wyatt.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0