|Joey Lawrence Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||April 20, 1976|
Joey Lawrence is an American actor, musician, singer, songwriter, record producer, voice actor, and game show host. He is known for his television roles like playing Joey Donovan in the NBC sitcom Gimme a Break!, Kurt Franklin in The WB sitcom Run of the House, Joey Russo in the NBC sitcom Blossom, Michael Brooks in the NBC drama series American Dreams, Joe Roman in the NBC sitcom Brotherly Love, Aaron Wright in the CBS action police procedural series Hawaii Five-0, Brett Mahoney in the UPN sitcom Half & Half, and Joe Longo in the sitcom Melissa & Joey. In addition to that, Joey Lawrence has also been cast in several films including Radioland Murders, Do You Wanna Know a Secret?, Chains of Gold, Trois 2: Pandora’s Box, Desperate But Not Serious, Urban Legends: Final Cut, Roe v. Wade, Money Plane, Wait till Your Mother Gets Home!, Romantic Comedy 101, Horse Sense, My Fake Fiancé, Android Apocalypse, Confessions of a Sociopathic Social Climber, and Jumping Ship.
Joseph Lawrence Mignogna, Jr.
Joe Lawrence, Joseph Lawrence, Joey
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
In 1994, he graduated from Abington Friends School in Jenkintown, Pennsylvania. Subsequently, he attended the University of Southern California.
Actor, Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer, Musician, Voice Actor, Game Show Host
- Father – Joseph Lawrence Mignogna, Sr. (Insurance Broker)
- Mother – Donna Mignogna (Personnel Manager and former elementary school teacher)
- Siblings – Matthew Lawrence (Younger Brother) (Actor), Andrew Lawrence (Younger Brother) (Actor)
- Others – Joseph Lawrence Mignogna (Paternal Grandfather), Josephine R. Pinto (Paternal Grandmother), Harry William Shaw (Maternal Grandfather), Edna Grace Hallam (Maternal Grandmother)
Joey Lawrence has been signed with Industry Entertainment Productions, LLC, Talent Management Company, California, United States.
New Jack Swing, Pop, Dance-pop
MCA Records, Curb Records
His net worth had been $250 Thousand according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
82 kg or 181 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Joey Lawrence has dated –
- Kellie Martin – The actors Kellie Martin and Joey Lawrence were romantically linked to each other in the past.
- Keri Russell (1994) – Joey then dated actor and dancer, Keri Russell in 1994 for a couple of months. They started dating in August 1994 and called it quits in December 1994.
- Katherine Heigl (1995-1999) – From 1995 to 1999, Joey and actor Katherine Heigl were an item. For a couple of months, he split with her to date Jennifer Hewitt.
- Jennifer Love Hewitt (1995-1996) – Joey started dating actor Jennifer Love Hewitt in December 1995 and split in July 1996 to again date Katherine Heigl.
- Kim Kardashian West (1999) – It was revealed by reality TV star Kim Kardashian during an interview given in 2008 that she went on a few dates with Joey back in 1999. She dated Joey Lawrence very briefly.
- Michelle Vella (2000-2004) – Joey started dating Michelle Vella in 2000 and married her on August 24, 2002. The relationship went on for two years and the couple got divorced in November 2004.
- Chandie Yawn-Nelson (2005-2020) – Lawrence first met Chandie Yawn-Nelson in Disney World during a vacation. At that time, both Joey and Chandie were teenagers. Thirteen years later, in July 2005, the two married each other. The couple has two daughters Charli Lawrence (born – May 10, 2006) and Liberty Grace Lawrence (born – March 4, 2010). In July 2020, it was revealed that the couple had separated and Lawrence had filed for divorce.
- Samantha Cope (2020-Present) – Joey started dating actor Samantha Cope in 2020. In August 2021, the couple got engaged. They got married on May 1, 2022, in Temecula, California. In September 2022, the couple revealed that they were expecting their first child together. They welcomed a baby girl named Dylan Rose Lawrence on January 16, 2023.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Italian descent on his father’s side and has English and Northern Irish ancestry on his mother’s side.
He had appeared in the Cracker Jack commercial at the age of 5. This was his first acting job indeed.
Later, he appeared in other commercials such as for Chips Ahoy, etc.
Best Known For
Playing Joey Donovan in the NBC sitcom Gimme a Break! (1983-1987), as Joey Russo in the NBC’s sitcom Blossom (1990-1995), as Joe Roman in The WB’s sitcom Brotherly Love (1995-1997), and Joe Longo in the ABC Family original television series Melissa & Joey (2010-2015).
He released a self-titled (Joey Lawrence) debut album in 1993 via Impact / MCA Records. It charted at #74 on U.S. Billboard 200. It consisted of 12 singles giving it a total length of over 50 minutes.
He appeared in the 1985 comedy film Summer Rental for his role as Bobby Chester.
Before that, he had already appeared in 1982 in a short film Scamps for his role as Sparky.
First TV Show
In 1982, Joey appeared in NBC’s sitcom Diff’rent Strokes for his role as Joey in an episode titled “Big Brother.”
He has a chiseled body with 6 pack abs. To make such a body, one needs lots of devotion, sacrifice, and hard work.
Here is a sample workout routine, which could be followed to get a glimpse of Joey’s fitness routine.
There will be 6-90 seconds of the rest period in between the sets.
- Squat Jump into a Dumbbell Shoulder Press – 3 sets of 10 reps (3 count hold at the bottom of each rep)
- Chin-up Crunch – 3 sets of 10 reps (3 count hold at the top of each rep)
- Plyometric Push-Ups – 3 sets of 10 reps (3 count hold at the bottom of each rep)
- High Knee Jump Rope Skips – 5 minutes (Perform 20 seconds of exercise with 10 seconds rest. Do this 10 times).
A regular workout with a clean diet (complex carbs, healthy fats, and proteins) eating at small intervals throughout the day can provide a buffed body.
Joey Lawrence Favorite Things
- School Subject – History
- TV Shows – The Bachelor (2002-), The Bachelorette (2008-), Episodes (2011-)
- Musicians – Michael Jackson, Prince, Stevie Wonder
Source – USMagazine.com
Joey Lawrence Facts
- When he was a kid, his family surname was changed from “Mignogna” to “Lawrence.”
- He loves to build model cars.
- He can turn his thumb all the way to the back. He has triple-jointed thumbs.
- Lawrence can also make a cricket sound, that appears totally real.
- He likes history. When Joey was in school, he liked to study European Renaissance history and American history.
- His perfect vacation idea – going to Hawaii and sitting on a beach.
- He has done Chippendales (male striptease performance) in the past and enjoyed it a lot.
- Ted Wass is one of his best friends.
- He had a crush on Cindy Crawford and Christie Brinkley.
- Joey is an avid fan of the LA Lakers, Dodgers, and Eagles.
- He is a strict dad and does not try to become his daughter’s BFF.
- Joey has a turtle named Suzie and some beta fish named Bubbles and Finn.
- He has his own lightsaber at home and wants to be a part of the Star Wars movies. This is his dream.
- He is very good at cooking and wants to write his own cookbook.
- His favorite thing to cook is healthy eggplant parmesan.
- He is fluent in Latin.