|Taran Killam Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 0.5 in|
|Date of Birth||April 1, 1982|
Taran Killam is an American actor, comedian, and writer who has carved his way to be one of the most well-known comedians in recent times. He is known for being a regular on Saturday Night Live. He also gained laurels for essaying the character of King George III on Broadway’s version of the William Shakespeare classic Hamilton in 2017. Taran has a huge social media fan base with more than 300k followers on Instagram.
Taran Hourie Killam
Culver City, California, United States
Taran shuttles between New York City and Los Angeles depending on his work schedules.
Taran completed his high school education from the Los Angeles County High School for the Arts and later went on to study at University of California, Los Angeles. He also joined the theater group, The Groundling.
Actor, Comedian, Writer
- Mother – Catherine
- Siblings – Taylor Killam (Brother) (Actor, Musical Artist)
- Others – Thomas Harold Killam, Jr. (Paternal Grandfather), Joanne Rice (Paternal Grandmother), Melvin Lars Light (Maternal Grandfather), Clara M. Bowe (Maternal Grandmother)
Taran is represented by United Talent Agency.
6 ft 0.5 in or 184 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Taran Killam has dated –
- Amanda Bynes (2001-2002) – Taran briefly dated his All That co-star, Amanda Bynes for a year from 2001 to 2002.
- Cobie Smulders (2007-Present) – Taran first saw the How I Met Your Mother actress, Cobie Smulders at a lemonade stand. He revealed that it was love at first sight. They started dating in 2007 and got hitched in 2012. The couple has 2 daughters named Shaelyn Cado Killam (b. May 16, 2009) and Joelle (b. January 2015).
Race / Ethnicity
Taran has Scottish, English, and Irish ancestry.
Taran has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- Hulu TV
- ABC TV
Best Known For
Being one of the longest cast members on the famous sketch-comedy series Saturday Night Live
Taran Killam made his theatrical film debut in the dramatic comedy Naked Gun 33⅓: The Final Insult as the Boy of Geriatric Park in 1994.
First TV Show
Taran Killam made his television show debut as himself on the sketch comedy All That in 1994.
Taran ensures he follows a well-balanced diet and follows hydrotherapy. He previously admitted to being frivolous in his eating ways but has now adopted healthier means. Taran ensures that he consumes fresh vegetables. He was also training in CrossFit for 4 months to build his energy. He begins to exercise once in a while to shed the extra pounds.
Taran Killam Favorite Things
- Saturday Night Live Host – Emma Stone
- Shoes – Vans Classic Slip-On Core Classics
- Snack – Divine Bovine Tangy Teriyaki Turkey Jerky
- Comic Book – Y: The Last Man Book One
- Book – Based on a True Story by Norm MacDonald
- Razor – Gillette Fusion5 Men’s Razor, Handle & 2 Blade Refills
- Singer – John Williams
- Sunglasses – Raen Kettner Sunglasses in Matte Root Beer, RAEN Optics Unisex Kettner Sunglasses
- Football Team – Los Angeles Rams
- Clothing – Royal Blue Los Angeles Rams #99 Aaron Donald Game Jersey
- Alcoholic Beverage – Dewar’s 12-Year-Old Blended Scotch Whiskey
- Bodywash – Kiehl’s grapefruit body wash
- Aftershave – Fresh Scent Old Spice
Source – TheNewPotato.com, NY Mag
Taran Killam Facts
- He revealed that during one of his sketch comedies with Donald Trump, Trump faced difficulties during the table read and could not understand many of the jokes.
- He enjoys playing video games when he faces a writer’s block.
- Taran owns an Apple TV which he confessed that he found difficult in the beginning to use.
- He enjoys snacking on cookies and juices.
- He eats pineapple to help soothe his inflamed throat.
- If he hosted a dinner party, he would invite Walt Disney, Madeline Kahn, Jimmy Stewart, Howard Ashman, and his wife.
Featured Image by Luigi Novi / Wikimedia / CC BY-3.0