|Vanessa L. Williams Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||March 18, 1963|
Vanessa L. Williams is an American singer, actress, entrepreneur, and fashion designer who had risen to overnight fame when she had become the first woman of African-American heritage to win the ‘Miss America’ title, in September 1983. She had later embarked on a highly successful and career as an actress and singer and was honored with a star on the ‘Hollywood Walk of Fame’ in March 2007.
Vanessa Lynne Williams
Van, Ness, V
The Bronx, New York City, New York, United States
She splits her time between New York City, New York, United States, and Los Angeles, California, United States.
Vanessa had attended the Horace Greeley High School in Chappaqua, New York. After her high school graduation, she had joined the Syracuse University in New York. She was a musical theater major but had dropped out after winning the ‘Miss America’ title in September 1983.
Singer, Actress, Entrepreneur, Fashion Designer
- Father – Milton Augustine Williams Jr. (Music Teacher) (d. January 17, 2003)
- Mother – Helen Williams (née Tinch) (Music Teacher)
- Siblings – Chris Williams (Younger Brother) (Actor, Comedian)
- Others – Milton Augustine Williams (Paternal Grandfather), Iris Agnes Carll (Paternal Grandmother), Edward James Tinch (Maternal Grandfather), Doris Catherine Griffen (Maternal Grandmother), Ulrich Fox Sr. (Ex-Father-in-Law) (Entrepreneur), Dianne Roberta Gerace (Ex-Mother-in-Law) (Former Olympic High Jumper, Pentathlete)
R&B, Pop, Soul, Dance, Jazz, Gospel
- Wing Records
- Polydor Records Limited
- Mercury Records
- Lava Records
- Concord Records
- Atlantic Recording Corporation
- Sony Classical Records
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Vanessa has dated –
- Michael Jordan
- Sam J. Jones (1984)
- Ramon Hervey II (1987–1997) – Vanessa had married public relations specialist Ramon Hervey II in 1987. They have 3 children together – 2 daughters named Melanie Hervey (b. June 30, 1987) and Jillian Kristin Hervey (b. June 19, 1989) (Singer, Dancer), and a son named Devin Hervey (b. April 14, 1993). They had parted ways in 1997.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger (1995) – Rumor
- Rick Fox (1999-2004) – Vanessa got married to Canadian-Bahamian former basketball player, actor, and businessman Rick Fox in 1999. They have a daughter together named Sasha Gabriella Fox (b. May 1, 2000) (Actress). In August 2004, Rick had filed for divorce.
- Rob Mack (2006)
- Jim Skrip (2012-Present) – Vanessa had started dating businessman Jim Skrip in 2012. They got married in July 2015.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Black and White)
She is of African-American and some English, Welsh, and Native American descent.
She often tends to dye her hair blonde.
- Slender frame
- Shoulder-length, wavy hair
Christianity (Roman Catholicism)
Vanessa has been featured in the TV commercials for –
- Radio Shack (2001, 2003)
- Crest (2002)
- ProActiv Solution (2005-2008)
- Clear Eyes (2014)
- M&Ms (2013-2020)
Vanessa L. Williams Facts
- Born to music teachers, Vanessa had grown up studying classical and jazz dance, French horn, piano, and violin.
- In May 2008, the Syracuse University had granted her a BFA degree, nearly 25 years after she had dropped out.
- In April 2012, she had co-authored, with her mother, a memoir titled You Have No Idea: A Famous Daughter, Her No-Nonsense Mother, and How They Survived Pageants, Hollywood, Love, Loss (and Each Other).
- In March 2016, she had launched a clothing line called V. by Vanessa Williams.
Featured Image by Vanessa L. Williams / Instagram