|Vanessa L. Williams Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||March 18, 1963|
Vanessa L. Williams is an American singer, actress, entrepreneur, and fashion designer who had risen to overnight fame when she had become the first woman of African-American heritage to win the ‘Miss America’ title, in September 1983. She had later embarked on a highly successful and career as an actress and singer and was honored with a star on the ‘Hollywood Walk of Fame’ in March 2007.
Vanessa Lynne Williams
Van, Ness, V, Thumper
The Bronx, New York City, New York, United States
She splits her time between New York City, New York, United States, and Los Angeles, California, United States.
Vanessa had attended Horace Greeley High School in Chappaqua, New York. After her high school graduation, she had joined Syracuse University in New York. She was a musical theater major but had dropped out after winning the ‘Miss America’ title in September 1983.
Singer, Actress, Entrepreneur, Fashion Designer
- Father – Milton Augustine Williams Jr. (Music Teacher) (d. January 17, 2003)
- Mother – Helen Williams (née Tinch) (Music Teacher)
- Siblings – Chris Williams (Younger Brother) (Actor, Comedian)
- Others – Milton Augustine Williams (Paternal Grandfather), Iris Agnes Carll (Paternal Grandmother), Edward James Tinch (Maternal Grandfather), Doris Catherine Griffen (Maternal Grandmother), Ulrich Fox Sr. (Ex-Father-in-Law) (Entrepreneur), Dianne Roberta Gerace (Ex-Mother-in-Law) (Former Olympic High Jumper, Pentathlete)
R&B, Pop, Soul, Dance, Jazz, Gospel
- Wing Records
- Polydor Records Limited
- Mercury Records
- Lava Records
- Concord Records
- Atlantic Recording Corporation
- Sony Classical Records
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Vanessa has dated –
- Michael Jordan
- Sam J. Jones (1984)
- Ramon Hervey II (1987–1997) – Vanessa had married public relations specialist Ramon Hervey II in 1987. They have 3 children together – 2 daughters named Melanie Hervey (b. June 30, 1987) and Jillian Kristin Hervey (b. June 19, 1989) (Singer, Dancer), and a son named Devin Hervey (b. April 14, 1993). They had parted ways in 1997.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger (1995) – Rumor
- Rick Fox (1999-2004) – Vanessa got married to Canadian-Bahamian former basketball player, actor, and businessman Rick Fox in 1999. They have a daughter together named Sasha Gabriella Fox (b. May 1, 2000) (Actress). In August 2004, Rick had filed for divorce.
- Rob Mack (2006)
- Jim Skrip (2012-Present) – Vanessa had started dating businessman Jim Skrip in 2012. They got married in July 2015.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Black and White)
She is of African-American and some English, Welsh, and Native American descent.
She often tends to dye her hair blonde.
- Slender frame
- Shoulder-length, wavy hair
Christianity (Roman Catholicism)
Vanessa has been featured in the TV commercials for –
- Radio Shack (2001, 2003)
- Crest (2002)
- ProActiv Solution (2005-2008)
- Clear Eyes (2014)
- M&Ms (2013-2020)
Vanessa L. Williams Favorite Things
- Book – Hop on Pop by Dr. Seuss
Source – Us Magazine
Vanessa L. Williams Facts
- Born to music teachers, Vanessa had grown up studying classical and jazz dance, French horn, piano, and violin.
- In May 2008, Syracuse University had granted her a BFA degree, nearly 25 years after she had dropped out.
- In April 2012, she had co-authored, with her mother, a memoir titled You Have No Idea: A Famous Daughter, Her No-Nonsense Mother, and How They Survived Pageants, Hollywood, Love, Loss (and Each Other).
- In March 2016, she had launched a clothing line called V. by Vanessa Williams.
- An ocean view or beach view is something that helps clear her mind. If a chilled cocktail is also there, it would be icing on the cake.
- She relaxes by playing crossword puzzle in the sun while drinking a cup of coffee.
- She had posed n*de as a teenager for which she still regrets.
- Her most enjoyable splurge to date has been her blue Maserati GT which she had bought in the 2000s.
- Vanessa’s first concert was that of Wild Cherry which she had attended. She was in 7th grade at that time.
- She considers being impatient her worst personality trait.
- The hardest lesson Vanessa ever learned was “Trust Your Gut”.
- She goes by this personal mantra “Success is the best revenge”.
- She doesn’t have any guilty pleasure and tries eating everything in moderation.
- In 1988, she had her most dramatic fan encounter in Buffalo, N.Y. where she was promoting her first album The Right Stuff.
- In 1984, she had her favorite fan moment when she met dancer, actress, and singer, Lena Horne.
- Her most requested dish is lasagna which she generally makes during the festive season each year.
- Michael Jackson was her first celebrity crush. With time, her crush moved on to Sting.
- She has worked as a babysitter before. In fact, it was her first job.
- Vanessa cannot live without her flip-flops.
- Vanessa listens to Howard Stern daily.
- Her biggest pet peeve is people driving slowly on the left lane of the road which is the passing lane.
Featured Image by Vanessa L. Williams / Instagram