|Kyle MacLachlan Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||February 22, 1959|
Kyle MacLachlan is an American actor, voice actor, theatre artist, and director who is best known for playing Dale Cooper in the ABC mystery-horror serial drama series Twin Peaks, Orson Hodge in the mystery comedy-drama series Desperate Housewives, Calvin Johnson/The Doctor in the series Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Mayor of Portland in the sketch comedy series Portlandia, President Franklin D. Roosevelt in the historical drama miniseries Atlantic Crossing, George Van Smoot/The Captain in the CBS sitcom How I Met Your Mother, Paul Atreides in the epic sci-fi film Dune, Zack Carey in the erotic drama film Showgirls, Lloyd Gallagher in the sci-fi horror film The Hidden, Jeffrey Beaumont in the neo-noir mystery thriller film Blue Velvet, Clifford “Cliff” Vandercave in the family comedy film The Flintstones, Isaac Izard in the fantasy comedy film The House with a Clock in Its Walls, and Ray Manzarek in the biographical musical film The Doors.
Kyle Merritt McLachlan (He later changed the spelling of his name to reflect his Scottish heritage.)
Yakima Valley Memorial Hospital, Yakima, Washington, United States
He has residences in Los Angeles and New York.
Kyle MacLachlan studied at Eisenhower High School. He also took piano lessons from the age of 9 to 14 as well as has studied classical singing.
Later, he got enrolled at the University of Washington (UW), as a student of the Professional Actor Training Program, and graduated cum laude with a BFA in drama in 1982.
Actor, Voice Actor, Theatre Artist, Director
- Father – Kent Alan McLachlan (1933-2011) (Stockbroker, Lawyer)
- Mother – Catherine (née Stone) (1934-1986) (Public relations director for a school district and a homemaker who was active in community arts programs)
- Siblings – Craig (Younger Brother), Kent Jr. (Younger Brother)
- Others – Alexander McLachlan (Paternal Grandfather), Geraldine C. Warren (Paternal Grandmother), Jonathan Beard Stone (Maternal Grandfather), Hazel I. Oakes (Maternal Grandmother)
Kyle MacLachlan has been signed with United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth had been $10 Million.
6 ft or 183 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kyle MacLachlan has dated –
- Laura Dern (1985-1989) – He was romantically involved with actor and filmmaker Laura Dern for 3-and-a-half years from 1985 to 1989. They also co-starred in the 1986 film Blue Velvet.
- Lara Flynn Boyle (1990-1992) – Actor and producer Lara Flynn Boyle started going out with Kyle in the year 1990 and they have co-starred in the television series Twin Peaks. However, the couple separated after going out for around 2-and-a-half years.
- Heather Graham (1990-1992) – He was also linked to actor Heather Graham between 1990 and 1992 as they worked together in Twin Peaks.
- Linda Evangelista (1992-1998) – In 1992, he began dating Linda Evangelista, a Canadian fashion model and one of the top supermodels from the 1990s. They first met on a photoshoot for Barneys New York in 1992 and they got engaged in 1995. However, the 6-year relationship ended in 1998.
- Desiree Gruber (1999-Present) – He met television producer and entrepreneur Desiree Gruber in 1999. On April 20, 2002, they got married at Plymouth Congregational Church in Miami, Florida. Their son, Callum Lyon MacLachlan, was born on July 25, 2008.
Race / Ethnicity
Kyle MacLachlan is of Scottish, English, Cornish, and German descent.
Salt and Pepper
- Deep voice
- Has often played sneaky and sleazy villains
He has been cast in TV commercials for –
- Ruffles (1991)
- Georgia Coffee (1991) (Japan)
- Vodafone Mobile Telephones (1996)
He has done print adverts for –
- Donna Karan Clothing (1992, 1997) (with Linda Evangelista)
- Skyy Vodka (2004)
Kyle MacLachlan Favorite Things
- Character He Has Played– Dale Cooper in Twin Peaks
Source – PBS
Kyle MacLachlan Facts
- He spent his childhood years growing up in Yakima.
- He was 17 years old when his mother left his father and they divorced on October 12, 1977, in Kyle’s senior year of high school.
- His mother died of ovarian cancer in 1986.
- For his role in Twin Peaks, Kyle MacLachlan won the 1991 Golden Globe Award for “Best Actor – Television Series Drama”, the 2018 Dorian Award for “TV Performance of the Year – Actor”, and the 2018 Saturn Award for “Best Actor on Television”.
- He has done voiceover work for video games like Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0