|Cole Horibe Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||August 26, 1985|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
Cole is based in New York City. But, he often travels to Hawaii and Los Angeles.
Cole Horibe was enrolled at the University of Hawaii from where he graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Interdisciplinary Studies.
He started his formal education at the Kahala School in Honolulu.
Martial artist, actor, and dancer
- Mother – Wanda Horibe
- Siblings – Cara Horibe (Sister) (Member of the dance troupe Fanny Pak)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm (Approx)
75 kg or 165 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Due to his late arrival to the mainstream acting, little is known about his private life. Plus, he has been tight-lipped about his personal affairs in his limited interviews.
In one such interview with Broadway publication on the eve of his debut, he claimed that he hadn’t dated anyone for about 9 years. He claimed that his former girlfriend was too perfect and he had only found downgrades on her since, which he wasn’t keen to associate with.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Japanese, Russian, and Korean ancestry. He counts the vaunted Japanese Samurai amongst his ancestors.
- Super toned and athletic physique
- Long face
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of young Bruce Lee in the Broadway production of the Kung Fu.
- Having participated in the popular dance reality show, So You Think You Can Dance. He managed to finish as the second runner-up in the show.
- Being one of the most popular proponents of the martial arts fusion dancer.
In 2013, he made his theatrical film debut in a leading role in the action adventure movie, Dragonfly.
First TV Show
In 2012, Cole made his first TV show appearance in the reality game show, So You Think You Can Dance.
Cole relies on his martial arts practice to keep his body in pristine shape.
Cole Horibe Facts
- While studying in an elementary school, he was stabbed in the head with a pair of scissors by a bully.
- Despite successfully auditioning for season 9 of the reality show, So You Think You Can Dance, Cole could have missed out of appearing in the show as he ran into trouble (due to Nunchaku) while boarding a flight back to Honolulu from Los Angeles. The Los Angeles Airport TSA agents found a Nunchaku, a traditional Okinawan weapon. The possession of Nunchaku in California outside of a dojo or martial arts studio is prohibited. He was handcuffed to a chair for five hours in Culver City. He eventually managed to secure city attorney hearing and then managed to explain that he was carrying Nunchaku solely for entertainment purposes.
- He started taking martial arts training at the age of 4 on his father’s insistence, who wanted his children to be capable enough to protect themselves.
- He got into dancing in his teenage years after having got inspired by his sister, who was a part of various dance crews.
- For three years in high school, he was a dedicated participant in dance events but after high school graduation, he gave up dancing as he felt he wasn’t as good in it as he was in martial arts.
- While studying in high school, a friend of his told about Bruce Lee that was being made in Hollywood and asked him to put together an audition tape. Also, as he was giving method acting a try, he remained in Lee’s character for two to three months and rarely responded to being called Cole.
- He holds the distinction of being a collegiate national and junior Olympic silver medalist.