Julianna Luisa Margulies
Spring Valley, New York, U.S.
Manhattan, New York, U.S.
Julianna finished her grade school at Green Meadow Waldorf School.
Later on, she finished her high school at High Mowing School.
Margulies completed her college education at Sarah Lawrence College and obtained a degree in BA. She took part in various plays when she was on campus.
- Father – Paul Margulies (Writer, philosopher, and advertising executive)
- Mother – Francesca Gardner (née Goldberg) (Ballet dancer and eurhythmy teacher)
- Siblings – She has 2 older sisters.
Julianna Margulies is managed by William Morris Endeavor Entertainment.
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
61 kg or 134.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Julianna Margulies has dated
- Ron Eldard (1991-2003) – Ron Eldard, actor and fellow co-star of Julianna met the raven beauty on the sets of the medical drama ER. The two dated for nearly 12 years before deciding to part ways in 2003.
- Matt Czuchry – Actor Matt Czuchry dated Julianna for a brief period. However, the two could not last long and decided to break off their relationship.
- Keith Lieberthal (2007–Present) – Lawyer Keith Lieberthal met Julianna at a common friend’s birthday party. They hit it off and were immediately dating. Keith is 6 years younger than Julianna. The couple decided to tie the knot on November 10, 2007, in Massachusetts. They welcomed their son Kieran Lindsay Lieberthal on January 17, 2008.
Race / Ethnicity
Julianna has the Romanian, Austrian, Hungarian, and Russian lineage.
- Hazel eyes
- Julianna’s raven hair
Julianna has appeared in the TV commercials for the following brands –
- L’Oréal Paris
- Chase Credit Card (voiceover)
Best Known For
- Winning an Emmy award for her remarkable performance as Carol Hathaway on the medical drama ER.
- For playing Alicia Florrick, a lawyer married to a disgraced politician, in the drama series The Good Wife. (Margulies was the “good wife” in the title. Margulies won a Golden Globe and 2 Primetime Emmy Awards as lead actress for the show.)
Julianna made her theatrical film debut as Rica in the action drama film Out for Justice in 1991.
First TV Show
Julianna made her television show debut on the crime drama Law & Order in 1993. She played the character of Lt. Ruther Mendoza in just 1 episode.
Margulies works out 6 days a week. Julianna is a massive fan of the step machine and feels that it’s a great lower body workout. She also likes doing Pilates and helps keep her body toned.
She believes in having everything but in moderation. Julianna has high protein energy-rich food and keeps carbohydrates at bay. She resorts to drinking alcohols only during the weekends but occasionally. She prefers snacking on almonds while shooting.
Julianna Margulies Favorite Things
- Food – Salmon
- Designers – Narciso Rodriguez and L’Wren Scott
- Ice-Cream – Double-chocolate-chip
- Netflix Show – Orange Is the New Black
- Songs – Nothing Compares 2 U’ by Sinead O’Connor
- Dessert – Chocolate-dipped macaroons
Julianna Margulies Facts
- As a child, she lived in New York, France, and England.
- Before acting, she was working as a waitress and bartender.
- In November 2015, she released a children’s book called Three Magic Balloons, based on a story written by her father. She published the book as a tribute to her late father.
- She generally keeps a to-do list on her cell phone.
- Julianna hosts an elaborate family brunch on Mother’s Day every year.
- She reportedly didn’t get along with her The Good Wife co-star Archie Panjabi.
- She has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- Her husband Keith studied law at Harvard.
- She confessed to having close encounters with sexual harassment when she began acting.
- She stays out of the sun and always wears sunscreen or a hat. She also keeps her skin moisturized.
- In January 2022, Julianna revealed that she had been tested positive for COVID-19.
- Follow Julianna on Facebook.
Featured Image by iDominick / Lainey Gossip / CC BY-SA 2.0