|Laura Dern Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10½ in|
|Date of Birth||February 10, 1967|
Laura Dern is an American actor, voice actor, writer, director, and producer who has been a recipient of various accolades, including an Academy Award, an Emmy Award, and 5 Golden Globe Awards. She has been cast in a variety of films such as Rambling Rose, Jurassic Park, Smooth Talk, The Fault in Our Stars, Blue Velvet, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Wild, October Sky, Jurassic Park III, We Don’t Live Here Anymore, When the Game Stands Tall, Bravetown, Happy Endings, Lonely Hearts, Year of the Dog, Marriage Story, The Tale, Cold Pursuit, Little Women, Jurassic World Dominion, and Crazy, Not Insane. Moreover, Laura Dern’s television credits include playing Amy Jellicoe in the comedy-drama series Enlightened, Sue Murphy (voice) in the adult animated comedy-drama series F Is for Family, Renata Klein in the drama series Big Little Lies, and Diane Evans in the crime drama series Twin Peaks.
Laura Elizabeth Dern
Los Angeles, California, United States
Laura went to The Buckley School, Sherman Oaks, California.
Laura studied theater at Lee Strasberg Theatre Institute in Manhattan, New York City.
She, then attended the University of California, Los Angeles from which she dropped out just after two days after joining.
She was finally enrolled in the University of Southern California, Los Angeles from which she again dropped out after completing a semester.
Actor, Voice Actor, Director, Writer, Producer
- Father – Bruce Dern (Actor)
- Mother – Diane Ladd (Actor)
- Siblings – Laura is the only child of her parents after her older sister’s death.
- Others – John Dern (Paternal Grandfather), Jean MacLeish (Paternal Grandmother), Preston Paul Ladner (Maternal Grandfather), Mary Bernadette Anderson (Maternal Grandmother), George Dern (Great-Grandfather) (Former Utah governor and Secretary of War), Archibald MacLeish (Great-Great Uncle) (Poet, writer, and Librarian of Congress)
Laura Dern has been signed with Untitled Entertainment, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
Her net worth has been $20 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 10½ in or 179 cm
61 kg or 135 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Laura Dern has dated –
- Treat Williams (1984-1985) – Laura dated her Smooth talk (1985) co-actor Treat Williams. They started seeing each other in 1984 and went around for about a year and in 1985, the duo parted their ways.
- Kyle MacLachlan (1985-1989) – She, then started dating Kyle Maclachlan whom she met during the filming of Blue Velvet (1986), they started dating in 1985 and after four years of relationship, they finally got separated in 1989.
- Renny Harlin (1991) – After splitting with Kyle, Laura, then dated briefly director and producer Renny Harlin in 1991.
- Vincent Spano (1992) – In 1992, actor, film director, and producer Vincent Spano and Laura dated for a couple of months.
- Jeff Goldblum (1995-1997) – Laura started dating Jeff Goldblum in 1995 after they co-starred in the movie Jurassic Park. They ended their relationship in 1997.
- Billy Bob Thornton (1997-1999) – She started seeing the actor, writer, director, producer, singer-songwriter, and musician Billy Bob Thornton in 1995. The couple was rumored about having been engaged to each other. But terminating all these, the couple separated in 1999.
- Ben Harper (2000-2013) – Laura met the musician Ben Harper at one of his concerts in 2000 and started dating. After their five years of dating, the couple got married on December 23, 2005, at their home in Los Angeles. They have two biological children together – Ellery Walker (son; born in 2001) and Jaya Harper (daughter; born in 2004). In 2010, Ben Harper filed for divorce. Yet the couple appeared together in Golden Globe Awards 2012. Their divorce was finalized in 2013.
- Common (2016) – In January 2016, she allegedly had an affair with rapper, actor, voiceover artist, and writer Common.
- Baron Davis (2017) – She had a fling with former professional basketball player Baron Davis in December 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
Laura Dern is of German, Norwegian, English, Scottish, Scots-Irish/Northern Irish, distant Dutch, Swiss-German, French, and Welsh descent.
Her skinny build
In 1989, she appeared in print ads for The GAP clothing.
34-25-33 in or 87-63.5-84 cm
11 (US) or 8.5 (UK) or 41.5 (EU)
Best Known For
Her roles in the films like Mask (1985), Smooth Talk (1985), Blue Velvet (1986), Wild at Heart (1990), Rambling Rose (1991), Jurassic Park (1993), and the comedy-drama TV series Enlightened (aired 2011-2013) where she played Amy Jellicoe for which she got a Golden Globe.
In 1973, Laura appeared in the action film White Lightning (starring her mother) for her cameo appearance as Sharon Anne.
First TV Show
She made her debut on television with the CBS crime drama 9-episodes series Shannon in 1981. She appeared in an episode titled “Gotham Swansong.”
For the perfect bikini body, Laura visits SoulCycle to get the spinning sessions.
Laura Dern Favorite Things
- Place – London
- Book – Pema Chödrön’s Living Beautifully with Uncertainty and Change
- Cinematographer – Emmanuel Lubezki
- Film – The Elephant Man (1980)
Source – DailyMail.co.uk, IMDb
Laura Dern Facts
- Laura Dern is the youngest ever winner of Miss Golden Globe (1982).
- At the age of 13, she had to sue for emancipation after being objected to by her mother for being present on the sets of the film Ladies and Gentlemen, The Fabulous Satin (1982). And subsequently, she received emancipation.
- She used to often become a target of teasing by her classmates because of her height and huge feet.
- Laura had a consequent backlash and did not work for more than a year after playing a lesbian on the ABC sitcom Ellen’s The Puppy Episode (1991), where she wheedles Ellen DeGeneres. She revealed this on The Ellen DeGeneres Show.
- She and her actor mother Diane Ladd have become the first mother-daughter duo to be nominated together for The Academy Awards for their movie Rambling Rose (1991).
- In the initial years of her career, Laura Dern was roommates with the spiritual guru, lecturer, and author Marianne Williamson.
- At the age of 7, while doing a passing appearance (as a child eating ice cream) in Martin Scorsese’s Alice Doesn’t Live Here Anymore (1974), Laura ate 26 ice cream cones for 26 takes.
- Some of her favorite directors, with whom she wants to work again are Clint Eastwood and Steven Spielberg.
- She was born at 7:48 am PST.
- Laura Dern would like to work with her father in the near future.
- The older sister of Laura, who was born in 1961, drowned at the age of 18 months, years before Laura was born.
- She quit the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) just after two days of joining and the University of Southern California, Los Angeles, after completing one semester.
- She left UCLA to do the movie Blue Velvet, which was released in 1986.
- In 2010, she received the 2420th star on the Hollywood walk of fame, where her parents were also awarded the stars.
- Alongside Scarlett Johansson, Adam Driver, Alan Alda, Ray Liotta, Julie Hagerty, and Merritt Wever, she co-starred as Nora Fanshaw (Nicole’s lawyer) in the 2019 drama film Marriage Story. For this role, Laura won the Academy Award for “Best Supporting Actress”.
- Her looks resemble the former tennis player Steffi Graf.
- She previously had a dog named Jamal. Sadly, Jamal passed away in August 2022.