|Billy Bob Thornton Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||August 4, 1955|
Billy Bob Thornton is an American actor, filmmaker, and musician whose notable film credits include Bad Santa (2003), Monster’s Ball (2001), Friday Night Lights (2004), One False Move (1992), Sling Blade (1996), Primary Colors (1998), Armageddon (1998), The Man Who Wasn’t There (2001), Bandits (2001), The Alamo (2004), etc. Moreover, he is also known for appearing in television series like Fargo (2014) and Goliath (2016-2021), among others.
Billy Bob Thornton
Hot Springs, Arkansas, United States
Actor, Filmmaker, Musician
- Father – Billy Ray Thornton (High School Teacher, Basketball Coach)
- Mother – Virginia Faulkner (Psychic)
- Siblings – Jimmy Don Thornton (Younger Brother) (Songwriter), John David Thornton (Brother)
He has been represented by Electra Star Management located in California.
Billy Bob Thornton’s net worth was $45 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
- Vanguard Recording Society
- Lost Highway Records
- Sanctuary Records
- Big Deal Records
- New Door Records
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
67 kg or 147.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Melissa Lee Gatlin (1978-1980) – From 1978 until 1980, the Love Actually (2003) star was married to Melissa Lee Gatlin. The couple had welcomed a daughter named Amanda Brumfield Thornton before going their separate ways.
- Toni Lawrence (1986-1988) – Toni Lawrence became his second wife in 1986. However, their divorce was finalized in 1988.
- Cynda Williams (1990-1992) – Billy Bob wed the One False Move (1992) actress Cynda Williams in 1990. But, their marriage only lasted for 2 years until 1992.
- Pietra Dawn Cherniak (1993-1997) – The Playboy model Pietra Dawn Cherniak and Thornton tied the knot in 1993. The couple became parents with the arrival of their sons, Harry James Thornton and William Thornton. However, they got divorced in 1997.
- Lisa Cone
- Laura Dern (1997-1999)
- Halle Berry (2000)
- Angelina Jolie (2000-2003) – In 2000, he married his Pushing Tin (1999) co-star Angelina Jolie. Their relationship gained significant media attention as Jolie was 20 years his junior and the two engaged in bizarre displays of affection, including wearing lockets around their necks containing vials of each other’s blood. Sadly, their marriage couldn’t go the distance and they divorced in 2003.
- Danielle Dotzenrod (2002)
- Connie Angland (2003-Present) – On October 22, 2014, he married the makeup effects artist Connie Angland after almost a decade of relationship. His wife gave birth to their daughter Bella Thornton in 2014.
- Téa Leoni (2008) – RUMOR
Race / Ethnicity
He has English, Scottish, and Irish ancestry.
However, his hair has turned ‘Gray’ with his advancing age.
- Multiple tattoos on his body
- Speaks with an Arkansas accent
- Often wears a Houston Colt 45’s hat
- Dimpled smile
- Lean frame
Billy Bob Thornton Facts
- He was considered for the Oscar-winning role played by Tom Hanks in Forrest Gump (1994).
- As a musician, he has released albums as a solo artist. Furthermore, he has also been a member of bands such as Tres Hombres, Jack Hammer, and The Boxmasters (2007-Present).
- According to the actor Robert Duvall, Thornton is “the hillbilly Orson Welles.”
- He is a die-hard fan of the baseball team, St. Louis Cardinals. Moreover, all his movie contracts include a clause stating that he should have access to a television and satellite dish in his trailer to watch the Cardinals play.
- Thornton suffers from obsessive-compulsive disorder. As a result, he has a phobia of antique furniture and certain kinds of silverware. He used his fears while playing the characters of Terry Lee Collins in Bandits (2001) and Hank Grotowski in Monster’s Ball (2001) respectively.
- His psychic mother had predicted early on in his career that he would work with the legendary actor, Burt Reynolds. Her prediction came true in 1990 when her son starred in 3 episodes of Evening Shade alongside Reynolds.
Featured Image by Emmanuelle Choussy / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0