Elizabeth Téa Pantaleoni
New York City, New York, U.S.
Leoni went to two private schools; one was Brearley School and other was The Putney School.
She attended Sarah Lawrence College and studied anthropology and psychology there but did not complete her studies.
Actress, film producer
- Father – Anthony Pantaleoni (Corporate Lawyer)
- Mother – Emily Ann (Patterson) (Dietitian and Nutritionist)
- Siblings – Thomas Pantaleoni (Older Brother)
- Others – Guido Pantaleoni (Paternal Grandfather), Helen “Helenka” Tradusa Adamowska (Paternal Grandmother) (Actress), Sumpter Daniel (Maternal Grandfather), Abilene Gindratt (Maternal Grandmother)
Mosaic (Talent Management Company)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
55 kg or 121 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Tea Leoni has dated –
- Colin Irving – Actor Colin who is known for his role in “Dead Poets Society” was rumored to be dating Tea in the past.
- Jim Fitzpatrick (1987) – British Labour Party politician Jim Fitzpatrick and Téa were rumored to be dating in 1987. They dated for a while before getting separated later.
- Neil Joseph Tardio, Jr. (1991-1995) – Neil is a television commercial producer by profession. Téa and Neil married on June 8, 1991, in Hope, New Jersey at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church. They divorced in 1995.
- Chris Thompson (1995) – Chris and Téa were rumored to be dating in 1995. They dated for some time and then separated.
- David Duchovny (1997-2008 and 2010-2011) – David Duchovny is a famous actor best known for his role in the drama series “Twin Peaks”. David and Téa married on May 13, 1997. On October 15, 2008, they confirmed that they have separated. They were again seen as a couple after some time. The divorce was filed by Duchovny in June 2014 which was finalized by August 2014. They have a daughter Madelaine West Duchovny (b. April 13, 1999) and a son Kyd Miller Duchovny (b. June 25, 2002).
- Tim Daly (2014-Present) – “Madam Secretary” co-stars Tim and Leoni started dating in December 2014. They are still an item.
Race / Ethnicity
Téa has Polish, Italian, German, Irish, English and Scottish ancestry.
- Bright Smile
- Blonde hair
Téa has appeared in these commercials –
- CBS Cares’s “Higher Education” campaign.
- CBS Cares’s “I Have a Dream Foundation” campaign.
- CBS Cares Commercial “Women’s History Month”.
- Ford Warriors in Pink
- Anthem Blue Cross Commercial titled “Up at Night”.
In 2001, Téa Leoni was announced as UNICEF goodwill ambassador. She has served as the National Board Member of the US Fund for UNICEF.
Best Known For
- Her role as Julie Mott in the 1995 thriller “Bad Boys”.
- Her character Nora Wilde in the sitcom “The Naked Truth”.
- Playing Elizabeth McCord in the drama series “Madam Secretary”.
Tea’s debut film character was “Connie the Dream Girl” in the 1991 fantasy movie Switch.
First TV Show
Tea made her debut in the TV industry with a role of “Lisa DiNapoli” in the series Santa Barbara in 1989.
Téa tries to walk as much as she can. She drinks lots of water and her exercise includes Pilates.
She also plays golf that helps to increase her strength and flexibility.
Téa Leoni Favorite Things
- Song – “Tangerine” by Led Zeppelin
- Body Part – Her Shoulders
- Perfume – Le Labo – Neroli 36
- Color – Blue
- Skin-care Product – The Immaculate Complexion Smoothing Serum by “FIX Malibu”
Téa Leoni Facts
- She won the Saturn Award under the “Best Actress” category for her role as Kate Reynolds in the 2000 drama film “The Family Man”.
- In 2014, Téa was nominated for the People’s Choice Awards under the “Favorite Actress in a New TV Series” category for her role as Elizabeth McCord in the drama series “Madam Secretary”. She didn’t win it.
- Téa loves fly fishing and tries to do it more often.
- Téa Leoni was considered for the role of “Rachel” in the famous sitcom “Friends” which eventually went to Jennifer Aniston.
- The pronunciation of her first name is “TAY-uh”.
- Téa has also lived in St. Croix, Tokyo and Italy.
- Follow her on Twitter and Facebook.
Featured Image by Gustavo Fernandez / Flickr / CC BY 3.0